Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

09:48 Paddington to Cardiff cancelled (posted at 06:48)

Chaps/Ladies

Be aware that the 09:48 Paddington to Cardiff is not running all the way through to Cardiff and you'll have to change trains to make it all the way.

CDF.JPG
CDF.JPG 85.3K

Comments

  • Currently no jubilee line past Waterloo due to track failure and no DLR’s from Lewisham towards Bank or Stratford.
  • There were no trains on the Hayes line this morning either.  Going to be a tight rush to be on the 08.48 I am booked on. Bloomin trains.
  • Apparently the 15:20 return train is cancelled.😡 
  • msomerton
    msomerton Posts: 3,678
    F-Blocker said:

    Chaps/Ladies

    Be aware that the 09:48 Paddington to Cardiff is not running all the way through to Cardiff and you'll have to change trains to make it all the way.

    CDF.JPG
    So at best will get into the stadium 40mins after the start. I did not even bother checking first thing this morning. Just took it for granted the train would run. 
  • F-Blocker
    F-Blocker Posts: 3,412
    msomerton said:
    F-Blocker said:

    Chaps/Ladies

    Be aware that the 09:48 Paddington to Cardiff is not running all the way through to Cardiff and you'll have to change trains to make it all the way.

    CDF.JPG
    So at best will get into the stadium 40mins after the start. I did not even bother checking first thing this morning. Just took it for granted the train would run. 
    There are other connections you can make. Speak to someone at Paddington as soon as you get there.
  • jimmymelrose
    jimmymelrose Posts: 10,546

    Good luck everyone although, to be frank, anyone planning on the 09.48 was risking it a bit


    I’m amazed that it takes less than 2 hours from London. 
    I seem to remember it taking over double that back in 99/00.
  • jimmymelrose
    jimmymelrose Posts: 10,546
    There were no trains on the Hayes line this morning either.  Going to be a tight rush to be on the 08.48 I am booked on. Bloomin trains.
    Tough luck, there. Hope you made it.
  • TN15
    TN15 Posts: 71
    Booked on the 9.48 but realised it was cancelled so jumped on the 8.48
  • blackpool72
    blackpool72 Posts: 24,843
    TN15 said:
    Booked on the 9.48 but realised it was cancelled so jumped on the 8.48
    Several of my lot done the same. 
    Not a bad result 
  • se9addick
    se9addick Posts: 33,431

    Good luck everyone although, to be frank, anyone planning on the 09.48 was risking it a bit


    I’m amazed that it takes less than 2 hours from London. 
    I seem to remember it taking over double that back in 99/00.
    Why? It’s not really that far (despite being in a different country!)

  • Sponsored links:




  • Good luck everyone although, to be frank, anyone planning on the 09.48 was risking it a bit


    I’m amazed that it takes less than 2 hours from London. 
    I seem to remember it taking over double that back in 99/00.
    No way was it that slow back then, Inter City 125s would have operated the service
  • jose
    jose Posts: 1,989
    I seem to remember going to Cardiff and saw us win.
    As I recall the reception we got as fans by the stewards and in the concourse visuals was good.
    I believe Tony Watt scored the winner but one strong memory is that Christophe LePoint played really well.
    Maybe the only time that happened.
    Best wishes to the travelling fans today.
  • Dave Rudd
    Dave Rudd Posts: 3,122
    jose said:
    I seem to remember going to Cardiff and saw us win.
    As I recall the reception we got as fans by the stewards and in the concourse visuals was good.
    I believe Tony Watt scored the winner but one strong memory is that Christophe LePoint played really well.
    Maybe the only time that happened.
    Best wishes to the travelling fans today.

    7 March 2015

    FINAL SCORE: CARDIFF CITY 1-2 CHARLTON ATHLETIC (Macheda, 56) (Watt, 74; Buyens, 87)

    Cardiff City: Moore, Peltier, Ecuele Manga, Morrison, Connolly, Gunnarsson (Ralls), Whittingham, Noone, McAleny (Kennedy), Jones, Macheda (Revell). Subs Not Used: Wilson, Fabio, Doyle, O’Keefe.

    Charlton Athletic: Henderson (Dmitrovic), Gomez, Berg Gudmundsson, Bulot (Church), Buyens, Solly, Fox, Johnson, Cousins, Watt, Lepoint (Eagles). Subs Not Used: Bikey, Diarra, Vetokele, Lennon.
  • Airman Brown
    Airman Brown Posts: 15,987
    Lepoint was up front … and awful.