Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Wolves Away

Can get returns from Wolverhampton to London for around £30 on Avanti. Can get some slightly cheaper options on the longer trains. 

Comments

  • ElfsborgAddick
    ElfsborgAddick Posts: 31,199
    edited September 23
    The Great Western boozer is a 5 minutes walk from the station.  
    Turn right and right again from the station, a must visit.
    Wolverhampton is very strict on home only if groups try to get in pubs.
    This place is not the case and very accommodating.
  • roseandcrown
    roseandcrown Posts: 7,659
    The Great Western boozer is a 5 minutes walk from the station.  
    Turn right and right again from the station, a must visit.
    Wolverhampton is very strict on home only if groups try to get in pubs.
    This place is not the case and very accommodating.

    I have learned never to take pub advice from you.
  • The Great Western boozer is a 5 minutes walk from the station.  
    Turn right and right again from the station, a must visit.
    Wolverhampton is very strict on home only if groups try to get in pubs.
    This place is not the case and very accommodating.

    I have learned never to take pub advice from you.

    Bradford away was unfortunate!
  • Can get returns from Wolverhampton to London for around £30 on Avanti. Can get some slightly cheaper options on the longer trains. 


    Does this mean a train with more than six carriages is a cheaper ticket?
  • iainment
    iainment Posts: 8,406
    Ages ago when we were in the Prem I went to Wolves. Outside the ground they had the best food I’d ever had at football. A van with a tandoor in it. They sold chicken or veg curry and made a nan for it there and then. Beautiful bread.
    Hope it’s still there for those going.
  • gringo
    gringo Posts: 1,637
    iainment said:
    Ages ago when we were in the Prem I went to Wolves. Outside the ground they had the best food I’d ever had at football. A van with a tandoor in it. They sold chicken or veg curry and made a nan for it there and then. Beautiful bread.
    Hope it’s still there for those going.
    I also managed to park the nearest to the ground I have ever managed- probably less than 250 yards. To say I was gobsmacked would be understating it
  • se9addick
    se9addick Posts: 33,431
    gringo said:
    iainment said:
    Ages ago when we were in the Prem I went to Wolves. Outside the ground they had the best food I’d ever had at football. A van with a tandoor in it. They sold chicken or veg curry and made a nan for it there and then. Beautiful bread.
    Hope it’s still there for those going.
    I also managed to park the nearest to the ground I have ever managed- probably less than 250 yards. To say I was gobsmacked would be understating it
    Was your motor still there after the match?!
  • gringo said:
    iainment said:
    Ages ago when we were in the Prem I went to Wolves. Outside the ground they had the best food I’d ever had at football. A van with a tandoor in it. They sold chicken or veg curry and made a nan for it there and then. Beautiful bread.
    Hope it’s still there for those going.
    I also managed to park the nearest to the ground I have ever managed- probably less than 250 yards. To say I was gobsmacked would be understating it
    Cheltenham Town and Forest Green I have managed closer, but that’s impressive for a big ground.
  • PeterGage
    PeterGage Posts: 1,846
    I remember going to Wolves for a 1960 FA Cup game. 1. the M1 had just opened and 2. Wolves went on to win the FA Cup that year. From memory we lost the game 1-0 (?).

  • Sponsored links:



  • Chippycafc
    Chippycafc Posts: 14,748
    Went in 1975 John Richards hat trick. Went to a party in the evening in gravesend, and some bod had MOTD on,  and when we came on, i said he scores from this etc. A party goer said how did I know, I said I was there  he didn't believe me till I produced the programme out of my back pocket. 
  • Went in 1975 John Richards hat trick. Went to a party in the evening in gravesend, and some bod had MOTD on,  and when we came on, i said he scores from this etc. A party goer said how did I know, I said I was there  he didn't believe me till I produced the programme out of my back pocket. 
    14 Feb 1976
  • Met some Wolves fans at Edgbaston recently and said i remember going there and Charlton fans warning us as we went hunting for a pub “don’t go in The George “ they said yep it was a shithole and shut over 20 years ago 
  • Chippycafc
    Chippycafc Posts: 14,748
    Went in 1975 John Richards hat trick. Went to a party in the evening in gravesend, and some bod had MOTD on,  and when we came on, i said he scores from this etc. A party goer said how did I know, I said I was there  he didn't believe me till I produced the programme out of my back pocket. 
    14 Feb 1976
    Thanks knew it was around that tome 50 years ago wow. god i was 16
  • HastingsRed
    HastingsRed Posts: 1,875
    Went in 1975 John Richards hat trick. Went to a party in the evening in gravesend, and some bod had MOTD on,  and when we came on, i said he scores from this etc. A party goer said how did I know, I said I was there  he didn't believe me till I produced the programme out of my back pocket. 
    14 Feb 1976
    Thanks knew it was around that tome 50 years ago wow. god i was 16
    I was 10 went up on the train.
  • Steven81
    Steven81 Posts: 1,550
    se9addick said:
    gringo said:
    iainment said:
    Ages ago when we were in the Prem I went to Wolves. Outside the ground they had the best food I’d ever had at football. A van with a tandoor in it. They sold chicken or veg curry and made a nan for it there and then. Beautiful bread.
    Hope it’s still there for those going.
    I also managed to park the nearest to the ground I have ever managed- probably less than 250 yards. To say I was gobsmacked would be understating it
    Was your motor still there after the match?!
    It's now fitted out with a tandoor.
  • Ducktapeshoerepairs
    Ducktapeshoerepairs Posts: 1,156
    edited September 29
    Any chance the kick off time could get moved for this or have they already announced the early kick offs for that weekend ? 
  • Any chance the kick off time could get moved for this or have they already announced the early kick offs for that weekend ? 
    Already announced.

    On a more annoying note, the Coventry v Palace game stays at 3pm that day so the trains will be messy.
  • Any chance the kick off time could get moved for this or have they already announced the early kick offs for that weekend ? 
    Already announced.

    On a more annoying note, the Coventry v Palace game stays at 3pm that day so the trains will be messy.
    Most of us will be in Wolverhampton when they will be getting their trains north; and even with a couple of pints after our game we will be at least halfway home if not further when they get their trains home. Getting away from Coventry’s stadium by train is a shit show.
  • letthegoodtimesroll
    letthegoodtimesroll Posts: 11,724
    edited October 3
    Charlton taking just (an initial ?) 1k of tickets for Middlesborough makes sense given the travel issues that day but I hope the ticket office doesn’t agree to take less than the full (2750 ?) away allocation for the Wolves game. Some of us have already taken advantage of what is/was a reasonable advance return rail ticket and I for one probably need the allocation to be at least 2k if the tickets are going to be sold in phases that somehow still needs me relying upon VG each time (so far this season). 

    [This sentence subsequently removed following the spot by the clearly more awake @Ducktapeshoerepairs of the shamefully factually incorrect statement by me 😡.]

    I fancy this one to be a popular away game.

    Out of interest, how many others on here have already booked their train tickets ? There’s 4 of us for starters.


  • Sponsored links:



  • Charlton taking just (an initial ?) 1k of tickets for Middlesborough makes sense given the travel issues that day but I hope the ticket office doesn’t agree to take less than the full (2750 ?) away allocation for the Wolves game. Some of us have already taken advantage of what is/was a reasonable advance return rail ticket and I for one probably need the allocation to be at least 2k if the tickets are going to be sold in phases that somehow still needs me relying upon VG each time (so far this season). 

    The inconvenience of the 12.30 kick off  is probably something we’ve all got used to now and, TBF, finishing earlier as a result does have its advantages which more than balance it out for me. I fancy this one to be a popular away game.

    Out of interest, how many others on here have already booked their train tickets ? There’s 4 of us for starters.

    Wolves is 3pm kick off isn’t it ? 
  • se9addick
    se9addick Posts: 33,431
    edited October 3
    Charlton taking just (an initial ?) 1k of tickets for Middlesborough makes sense given the travel issues that day but I hope the ticket office doesn’t agree to take less than the full (2750 ?) away allocation for the Wolves game. Some of us have already taken advantage of what is/was a reasonable advance return rail ticket and I for one probably need the allocation to be at least 2k if the tickets are going to be sold in phases that somehow still needs me relying upon VG each time (so far this season). 

    The inconvenience of the 12.30 kick off  is probably something we’ve all got used to now and, TBF, finishing earlier as a result does have its advantages which more than balance it out for me. I fancy this one to be a popular away game.

    Out of interest, how many others on here have already booked their train tickets ? There’s 4 of us for starters.

    Wolves is 3pm kick off isn’t it ? 
    I bloody hope so, I’ve already booked my train! 

    I’d be pretty surprised if there’s any issue getting tickets for this one. We’ll probably be in the relegation zone by the time the match is played!
  • Charlton taking just (an initial ?) 1k of tickets for Middlesborough makes sense given the travel issues that day but I hope the ticket office doesn’t agree to take less than the full (2750 ?) away allocation for the Wolves game. Some of us have already taken advantage of what is/was a reasonable advance return rail ticket and I for one probably need the allocation to be at least 2k if the tickets are going to be sold in phases that somehow still needs me relying upon VG each time (so far this season). 

    The inconvenience of the 12.30 kick off  is probably something we’ve all got used to now and, TBF, finishing earlier as a result does have its advantages which more than balance it out for me. I fancy this one to be a popular away game.

    Out of interest, how many others on here have already booked their train tickets ? There’s 4 of us for starters.

    Wolves is 3pm kick off isn’t it ? 
    Good spot. Probably explains the times of the trains we’ve booked 😁