Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

AN EVENING WITH ALAN CURBISHLEY - SATURDAY 9TH JANUARY

2

Comments

  • Bedsaddick
    Bedsaddick Posts: 25,910
    Curbs! Really.
    Most of us have seen and heard him many, many times. All the stories have been told ad nauseum.
    I'm sure Curbs is not short of a bob or two. 
    I don't see the point at any price.
    He is after all West Ham. 
    Is someone forcing you to go ? 
  • shine166
    shine166 Posts: 14,704
    Absolutely no need for the negativity on here, if it was free, people would still find a reason to moan.

    Good luck 
  • MuttleyCAFC
    MuttleyCAFC Posts: 48,675
    Good idea for a Christmas Present.
  • Agree entirely, hope the evening is a big success for you.

    Those who like to scoff, complain and moan will never be happy. Ignore them and do what you think is right.
  • reminds me of the time he did a similar talk at David Lloyd in Sidcup, must of been aboout 20ish years ago now. Was anyone there? Pretty sure it was free too!
  • gmantaxi
    gmantaxi Posts: 523
    Seriously, how is it possible for certain posters to be so miserable 🤷‍♂️
  • lolwray
    lolwray Posts: 5,101
    I hope its a success for everyone concerned 
  • lolwray said:
    I hope its a success for everyone concerned 

    Including the Premier Inn :)
  • lolwray said:
    I hope its a success for everyone concerned 

    Including the Premier Inn :)
    There is a travelodge nearby too but its expensive 😂

  • Sponsored links:



  • CaptainRobbo
    CaptainRobbo Posts: 2,825
    Will there be an opportunity to buy some Curbs' Cans on the evening?
  • Is Sue Cook also attending ?
    Dunno she's as unreliable as she is fit (i.e. very)
  • The price is too much to be honest can you consider running the event at cost or possibly at loss @LarrysMobileBar ? Also please change the venue so its within 5 minutes of my house?

    Everybody wants something for nothing these days, if its too much just don't buy a ticket? Last I heard Larry isnt kidnapping people to attend, do you go in to Spoons and demand they lower the price of a hedgehog sandwich and Buzzball  (or whatever people who go Spoons consume now days)? Constant whinging by snowflakes is a boring.
  • Carter
    Carter Posts: 14,764
    I'll go to this, we don't get much like this in Medway and Charlton is getting less and less accessible due to the stupid parking fascism from Greenwich Council and the trains doing what they do (before anyone gets pissy I said less accessible, not impossible) 

    Alan Curbishley is a giant of the English game, a personal hero of mine and is great at events like this, has plenty of stories, isn't afraid to tell the truth and in my experience always makes time for fans. 
  • Carter said:
    I'll go to this, we don't get much like this in Medway and Charlton is getting less and less accessible due to the stupid parking fascism from Greenwich Council and the trains doing what they do (before anyone gets pissy I said less accessible, not impossible) 

    Alan Curbishley is a giant of the English game, a personal hero of mine and is great at events like this, has plenty of stories, isn't afraid to tell the truth and in my experience always makes time for fans. 
    Look forward to seeing you there 😃
  • Tickets have been on sale for a week now - thanks to those who have bought one so far. ❤️

    Also a massive thank you to George of Stand//Bands for being a sponsor of the event. 
  • As part of the Q & A you can ask Alan a question -

    but what would you ask him? 
  • DOUCHER
    DOUCHER Posts: 9,179
    As part of the Q & A you can ask Alan a question -

    but what would you ask him? 
    Have you been approached by Charlton since you left to come back in either a Managerial, Coaching, Scouting or Director of Football type capacity? By who and when and why did you turn it down?  
  • iainment
    iainment Posts: 8,406
    As part of the Q & A you can ask Alan a question -

    but what would you ask him? 
    What do you regret.
  • gringo
    gringo Posts: 1,637
    edited October 3
    Did you feel that we were a load of ingrates when, with the prevailing opinion that you had taken us as far as you could, we were happy you left?

  • Sponsored links:



  • Radostanradical
    Radostanradical Posts: 1,550
    As part of the Q & A you can ask Alan a question -

    but what would you ask him? 
    Can he lower his asking price for these events ?

    Also would he feel comfortable doing the gig in my kitchen as I dont like travelling?

  • CaptainRobbo
    CaptainRobbo Posts: 2,825
    As part of the Q & A you can ask Alan a question -

    but what would you ask him? 
    Would you have signed Ronnie Schwartz and Charlie Kirk?
  • bolloxbolder
    bolloxbolder Posts: 8,461
    I understand we did a medical for Flamini a week before he signed for Arsenal.  How did we fail to complete that transfer?
  • CaptainRobbo
    CaptainRobbo Posts: 2,825
    I understand we did a medical for Flamini a week before he signed for Arsenal.  How did we fail to complete that transfer?
    He's worth $10billion now.
    Could've played for us and then bought us.
  • I understand we did a medical for Flamini a week before he signed for Arsenal.  How did we fail to complete that transfer?
    He's worth $10billion now.
    Could've played for us and then bought us.

    Don't believe everything you read on the internet!

    He has rubbished those rumours.  Still obviously very wealthy but likely more like £20M which is quite the difference. 
  • CaptainRobbo
    CaptainRobbo Posts: 2,825
    I understand we did a medical for Flamini a week before he signed for Arsenal.  How did we fail to complete that transfer?
    He's worth $10billion now.
    Could've played for us and then bought us.

    Don't believe everything you read on the internet!

    He has rubbished those rumours.  Still obviously very wealthy but likely more like £20M which is quite the difference. 
    Pauper
  • ElfsborgAddick
    ElfsborgAddick Posts: 31,199
    I understand we did a medical for Flamini a week before he signed for Arsenal.  How did we fail to complete that transfer?
    He's worth $10billion now.
    Could've played for us and then bought us.

    Don't believe everything you read on the internet!

    He has rubbished those rumours.  Still obviously very wealthy but likely more like £20M which is quite the difference. 
    Pauper
    Shops in Aldi no doubt.
  • bolloxbolder
    bolloxbolder Posts: 8,461
    I understand we did a medical for Flamini a week before he signed for Arsenal.  How did we fail to complete that transfer?
    He's worth $10billion now.
    Could've played for us and then bought us.

    Don't believe everything you read on the internet!

    He has rubbished those rumours.  Still obviously very wealthy but likely more like £20M which is quite the difference. 
    I know for a fact that both Flamini and Kezman medicals went through Brachers Solicitors in Maidstone at the time. He'll probably deny Sidwell and Cahill too.
  • ElfsborgAddick
    ElfsborgAddick Posts: 31,199
    I understand we did a medical for Flamini a week before he signed for Arsenal.  How did we fail to complete that transfer?
    He's worth $10billion now.
    Could've played for us and then bought us.

    Don't believe everything you read on the internet!

    He has rubbished those rumours.  Still obviously very wealthy but likely more like £20M which is quite the difference. 
    I know for a fact that both Flamini and Kezman medicals went through Brachers Solicitors in Maidstone at the time. He'll probably deny Sidwell and Cahill too.

    Surely there would be no reason to deny this.
    A very interesting group for us to go after if true, would particularly have liked Cahill in a Charlton top.
  • JohnnyH2
    JohnnyH2 Posts: 5,578
    I understand we did a medical for Flamini a week before he signed for Arsenal.  How did we fail to complete that transfer?
    He's worth $10billion now.
    Could've played for us and then bought us.

    Don't believe everything you read on the internet!

    He has rubbished those rumours.  Still obviously very wealthy but likely more like £20M which is quite the difference. 
    I know for a fact that both Flamini and Kezman medicals went through Brachers Solicitors in Maidstone at the time. He'll probably deny Sidwell and Cahill too.
    Sidwell he said was a player he wanted when him and Murray had the meeting that concluded with Curbs leaving (source Quickly Kevin podcast)