Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

MATCH THREAD : Charlton Athletic V Bristol City : Saturday 10th October 2026 : KO 12:30

1…1011131516…22

Comments

  • SELR_addicks
    SELR_addicks Posts: 16,411
    It was the same last season to be fair, the more time we had to prepare on the training ground; the worse we looked. 
  • Scoham
    Scoham Posts: 39,582
    DDOUBLEE said:
    I still don't get why Mwamba hasn't been involved since West Brom away 
    No need for Knibbs, Carey and JRC all more attacking midfielders on the bench but NJ doesn’t like to leave any of them out for Mwamba.
  • Coventry and Skipp are too similar, need Chalobah back pronto, and it might be worth giving Kelman a fair share of the next half.
  • charltonbob
    charltonbob Posts: 8,922
    Good to see Koumetio & Edwards back but has Koumetio played any under 21 games ? Also with Josh being out for a year would rather have seen him eased into things off the bench for a few games. Still Jones sees them everyday so hopefully things turn out fine

  • Chunes
    Chunes Posts: 19,168
    edited October 10
    Yet another summer where we haven't sorted our midfield. Be lucky to get 20 games out of Chalobah. Ouma not ready. Skipp and Cov are not it. 
  • YannTheMann
    YannTheMann Posts: 1,790
    Much better than recent performances before the international break, still a general sloppiness to our play and a lack of cohesion at times. Mbick shown some flashes of what he could do but not offering enough for me today and would like to see Kelman, if we can pick up and maintain that performance from first 20 I'd be thrilled 
  • DDOUBLEE
    DDOUBLEE Posts: 2,845
    Scoham said:
    DDOUBLEE said:
    I still don't get why Mwamba hasn't been involved since West Brom away 
    No need for Knibbs, Carey and JRC all more attacking midfielders on the bench but NJ doesn’t like to leave any of them out for Mwamba.
    He was getting so much praise after the Preston game. Has a slightly average game against West Brom as did many others and has been completely dropped.  Doesn't even get games for the U21s...Just dont get it
  • Fumbluff
    Fumbluff Posts: 10,673
    Zzzzzzz
  • Cafctekkers
    Cafctekkers Posts: 1,467
    Feels like we actively play to try and get one goal and hold onto it every week
  • SELR_addicks
    SELR_addicks Posts: 16,411
    Seeing that replay, how did the ref give nothing against that foul from our keeper? Jesus. 

  • Sponsored links:



  • DDOUBLEE
    DDOUBLEE Posts: 2,845
    Last season, Jones apologised after being tonked by Millwall and we responded by winning 2-1 away at Leicester. 

    This season, Jones apologised after being tonked by Stoke,  and I'm still yet to see any sort of response. How many games ago was that now?
  • The Red Robin
    The Red Robin Posts: 28,900
    edited October 10
    The inability of some of our players to make a simple pass is quite staggering. So sloppy at times
    Skipp the worst culprit. Koumetio not great at times either there. 
  • valleynick66
    valleynick66 Posts: 5,761
    Skipp the weakest link so far. 
  • Fumbluff
    Fumbluff Posts: 10,673
    Feels like we actively play to try and get one goal and hold onto it every week
    You’d think we’d get to look like we could do that for maybe 10-minutes before fucking it up by now then…
  • Thank you all for your comments. Am in Rhodes on holiday following this thread. Sounds like our normal issues at stake here? Hope for a good start to the 2nd half...... COYR
  • ross1
    ross1 Posts: 51,637
    No wonder an experienced player Skipp was allowed to join us, what does he bring to the game. Disappointed with our play after about 20 minutes, could be 1-2 down with stupid penalty and free kick on edge of penalty area.
    Not sure who can come off bench to improve our play, many injured players back but we still give ball away too often.
  • Callumcafc
    Callumcafc Posts: 67,511
    Blimey I don’t understand the level of negativity. It’s 1-1 and while Bristol City have slightly shaded it, there’s still a big opportunity for us to win. Isn’t that about everyone would expect based on the relative experience of either side at this level?
  • Exiled_Addick
    Exiled_Addick Posts: 18,100
    edited October 10
    I’m not shitting on the lad, and am not writing him off, but I have to be honest and say, however much potential people see and however good he looks in training, MBick just doesn’t look ready.

    In turning down those bids I feel like we’ve promised him game time and or are trying to give him game time to help convince him to sign his new deal.

    To be fair, I don’t know how much he’s played as a 10 before but I worry we’re going to kill his confidence and actually set him back if we keep playing him and letting him struggle like he has been.

    Jones is over thinking the number 10 thing, imo. We have options, pick the best of them, even if they aren’t ideal. I’m a big believer in square pegs in square holes theory. It is certainty mad to be picking Mbick as a 10 before Knibbs has had an appearance this season. 
  • Danny Addick
    Danny Addick Posts: 4,261
    Coventry and Skipp are too similar, need Chalobah back pronto, and it might be worth giving Kelman a Ifair share of the next half.
    This is the issue! Same-ish players. Need someone in there to the running 
  • DDOUBLEE
    DDOUBLEE Posts: 2,845
    I’m not shitting on the lad, and am not writing him off, but I have to be honest and say, however much potential people see and however good he looks in training, MBick just doesn’t look ready.

    In turning down those bids I feel like we’ve promised him game time and or are trying to give him game time to help convince him to sign his new deal.

    To be fair, I don’t know how much he’s played as a 10 before but I worry we’re going to kill his confidence and actually set him back if we keep playing him and letting him struggle like he has been.

    Jones is over thinking the number 10 thing, imo. We have options, pick the best of them, even if they aren’t ideal. I’m a big believer in square pegs in square holes theory. Is a certainty mad to be pick Mbick as a 10 before Knibbs has had an appearance this season. 
    Starting to agree. Had one really nice touch of the ball but that's it, have to be doing more than that. Just not seeing anything remotely near the level expected 

  • Sponsored links:



  • Diebythesword
    Diebythesword Posts: 1,067
    Edwards is looking soooo rusty. What’s happened to the drums? So quiet today 
  • Cafctekkers
    Cafctekkers Posts: 1,467
    edited October 10
    Blimey I don’t understand the level of negativity. It’s 1-1 and while Bristol City have slightly shaded it, there’s still a big opportunity for us to win. Isn’t that about everyone would expect based on the relative experience of either side at this level?
    It's the same patterns of performance and inability once again to have any control in a game that's the issue. It's like we can all see what's coming and it all feels a bit inevitable 
  • soapboxsam
    soapboxsam Posts: 24,556
    edited October 10
    After the two 0-0 bore draws at the Valley this is a lively match and the usual good, bad and ugly with our passing.

    I said in preview I would take a score draw and after seeing City on the ball and how dangerous City look I haven't changed my mind.
    The thing is I don't think it will end 1-1 so I feel we need to take any chances that come our way because I believe City will score again.

    A difficult 45 minutes for Josh after a year out which was to be expected. He may be replaced at HT as 45 mins may be his max today and we have Mesik to slot in.

    We are a team that makes too mistakes including  our captain which the impressive Koumetio rescued after an errant pass by LJ.
  • Blimey I don’t understand the level of negativity. It’s 1-1 and while Bristol City have slightly shaded it, there’s still a big opportunity for us to win. Isn’t that about everyone would expect based on the relative experience of either side at this level?
    I don’t think people expect us to win every week or blow teams away - but I think they hope to see some modicum of improvement with the way we actually play.

    But we’ve regressed.

    If it was 1-1 but we played the whole half like we did the first 10 minutes, I expect *most* posters would be less down.

  • Hartleypete
    Hartleypete Posts: 4,857
    Don’t think mbick has worked and Josh looks totally unmatched fit.
  • msomerton
    msomerton Posts: 3,680
    This having a go at Grant are over the top, he has made most of the good balls into the box, not his fault we do not have competent strikers. 
  • Miserableoldgit
    Miserableoldgit Posts: 22,135
    49.1% possession 
  • Croydon
    Croydon Posts: 13,715
    Edwards is a problem. Looks miles off it.

    A midfield of Skipp and Coventry is too easy to bypass (again).

    Still not seeing anything to suggest Mbick should be starting in the championship 
  • SELR_addicks
    SELR_addicks Posts: 16,411
    In the post-match threads there's always a difference between people that look at the scoreline and say 'what's the matter with you all?!' and those of us that actually sit through 90 minutes showing our lack of quality. 
  • DDOUBLEE
    DDOUBLEE Posts: 2,845
    msomerton said:
    This having a go at Grant are over the top, he has made most of the good balls into the box, not his fault we do not have competent strikers. 
    Okay, you dont like Miles Leaburn. We get it.
This discussion has been closed.