Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Three debut goals and it could have been four

edited August 2007 in General Charlton
if McLeod hadn't missed the Pen.

It that the first time since Miller, Crooks and Leaburn scored at Newcastle in about '86

Comments

• great turn and change of pace by mcLeod for the pen.

The actual pen was a poor effort though.
  • i thought keeper had saved zheng's pen
  • edited August 2007
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]great turn and change of pace by mcLeod for the pen.

The actual pen was a poor effort though.

No County players complained about the pen so must have been LOCKED ON.

Did we get the re-take cos we are a big club

Their keeper got down to the ZZ kick but was beaten by the pace on the shot.

So out penalty takers in the shoot out at the final are

ZZ
    Reid
    Big Chris
    JT
    McCarthy ; - )
  • Was the 2nd pen for encroachment or for a second foul (someone got tripped) ????
  • Encroachment. The ref waved his hand to show that they were over the line. TBF one of their players cleared the ball so they did get an anvantage from it but can't believe that we'd have got that at Chelsea
  • The second one was given because the keeper was about 5 yards off his line, Line-o gave it. I was sittin in the West directly in line with it and Line-o got it spot on. Didn't see how poor the effort was tho?
  • I think McLeod has a reputation for winning penalties to rival Johnson.
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]

Did we get the re-take cos we are a big club

NO ...

The Man City Schmeichael saved an Arse pen on Sat. He was 5 yds off his line, the lino waved the ref ignored him. Big thing on MoTD. I'm sure the powers that be told all the refs to watch out for this, which worked in our favour. Saw it on SSN, he was well off his line ...