Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

curbs

edited August 2007 in General Charlton
i know he is not are manager anymore and we should prob stop talking about him but....

i love curbs for what he has done 4 us but since he has gone to west ham he is annoying me, i dont know if it is just because he is west hams manager and i am not a big fan of them or if other fans looked at his comments when he was with us and fault he was annoying.

any one else started to get annoyed with curbs

Comments

• Options
    I was annoyed when he was our manager too, some of his comments are definately "blind to reality".
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: RedArmySE7[/cite]I was annoyed when he was our manager too, some of his comments are definately "blind to reality".

see i never was, but my F&F do say i have charleton tinted glasses.
  • Options
    agreed, the most annoying cock in football at the moment, and that includes the orange tossa!
  • Options
    I know its been mentioned elsewhere but his comments about the tackle last night are right out of the Jose Morinho book of bollocks.
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    It's a bit unfair to demonise the other player for what may have been clumsy but was not malicious.
  • Options
    i'm completely indifferent now, got no real interest in whether he does well or not at West Ham.

But i will always stand and applaud him whenever he re-visits The Valley, and i will always think of his time with us with huge gratitude. Can't really understand why anyone wouldn't.
  • Options
    Don't get me wrong, i'm not looking to slate the guy, I will always applaud him and see him as a Charlton legend, I just don't believe the sun shines out of his arse or did when he was manager of us 100% of the time.
  • Options
    without his management period for charlton where would we be ..who knows ??? probably mid table championship at best..... oh look we're there enough said.......as for him now who gives a monkeys what he or any other manager says... he has gone ....
  • Options
    There's now a bust of him, alongside that of Jimmy Seed, as you walk up the the offices and lounges in the West Stand.
  • Options
    Why have we yet another thread on Curbs here, he's gone time to move on guys me thinks.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]There's now a bust of him, alongside that of Jimmy Seed, as you walk up the the offices and lounges in the West Stand.[/quote]
    who?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]There's now a bust of him, alongside that of Jimmy Seed, as you walk up the the offices and lounges in the West Stand.
    who?

You know West Side the bloke called Jimmy South who they named the stand after.
  • Options
    EVeryones entitled to their view but slagging him off for a comment which he made immediately after the game about a challenge that broke a players leg in two places is really scraping the barrel to try and find something to moan about in my opinion. If it had been our player who was injured nobody would be criticising him. He's not our manager any more but he was a fanastic servant of our club. Lets leave it there and stop looking for reasons to get wound up about him.
  • Options
    too many people are agonised to see him fail,which is a shame really.i hope dyer is ok.
  • Options
    I think some here are betraying their insecurity over Curbs. One of his players had his leg pretty badly broken last night and will be out I presume for most of the rest of the season. Try and look at it in the context of a Charlton player getting injured in a similar challenge, the thread would be two hundred posts long calling Jacobsen a thug and worse. What Curbs said was: "The player has got to be disappointed with his tackle. As far as I could see, he lashed out after losing the ball." I don't see much wrong in that statement, except of course that the media has put emphasis on the "lashing" out as though it was deliberate.

Curbs reacted just the way we would. He's under a lot of pressure at West Ham, and I don't expect him to act rationally and without emotion in a situation like that.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]Try and look at it in the context of a Charlton player getting injured in a similar challenge, the thread would be two hundred posts long calling Jacobsen a thug and worse.

you havnt seen the challenge then have you bfr, its totally accidental, just bad luck and the fact ,dire has twig legs speaks volumes! He is out of order for saying that and should know better! It certainly wasnt a muscatt on holmes type tackle, innocuous at best.
  • Options
    I love all the ill feeling towards everything west ham these days
  • Options
    i just said similar on another thread about curbs, but yeah west ham are well annoying now! like chelsea i spose, before they were chelski i didnt like them but didnt hate them, i nothinged them! Now i absolutly dispise them! Although i dont dipise west ham, i just dont like them anymore! mebe a jeolousy thing cos you stayed up and we didnt, who knows i cant tell ya!
  • Options
    I think he is bang out of order to the young Rovers player. To insinuate he deliberately hurt Dyer is wrong and hope they take it further. It was a clumsy tackle at worst
  • Options
    We're not quite a chelsea though mate. You look at our spending and it isn't anymore than most prem teams. We've only got a rich chairman in common, but thats the same as Liverpool, citeh, villa etc
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]Try and look at it in the context of a Charlton player getting injured in a similar challenge, the thread would be two hundred posts long calling Jacobsen a thug and worse.[/quote]

you havnt seen the challenge then have you bfr, its totally accidental, just bad luck and the fact ,dire has twig legs speaks volumes! He is out of order for saying that and should know better! It certainly wasnt a muscatt on holmes type tackle, innocuous at best.[/quote]

Yes I have seen the tackle, in my opinion it was deliberate by Jacobsen, although not a malicious or dangerous foul, he does seem to stick his foot out to trip Dyer...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2y6I7Yy-pc

But you miss the point I'm making. If Dyer were a Chalton player who'd broken his leg would we expect Pards or Cubs if he was still our manager not to react? Further Curbs's comments were hardly outrageous, maybe his use of "lashing out" was a little over the top, but in view it was a foul.
  • Options
    Used to like West Ham to be honest, always seemed a decent bunch of fans and they hate Millwall too. But since that Egg thing and Curbs took over they've become very hard to like. Smug beyond their level if you ask me. Agreed about the tackle aswell, it wasnt like he went flying in with two feet miles off the ground, sure the bloke feels bad about it when he watches it back, or not if hes heard some of the stories about Dyer that i have.
  • Options
    well its hardly lashing out is it? its a tackle, he didnt deliberately try to break his leg did he!??!

and if he was a charlton player what would managers comments do to help the situation?
  • Options
    i can't believe curbs didn't say "oh well,never mind." i am furious with him.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Mortain[/cite]We're not quite a chelsea though mate. You look at our spending and it isn't anymore than most prem teams. We've only got a rich chairman in common, but thats the same as Liverpool, citeh, villa etc
    £54k per week to Lucas Neill, an alleged (and not denied) offer of £70k per week to Dazza - that's big pockets!

At least you have an morally acceptable rich chairman, unlike City or Chelsea.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BrightonAddick[/cite]Smug beyond their level if you ask me.

What do you mean? We're just salt of the earth cheeky cockneys who love our mums thats all.

We went through one hell of a season last year & have been slagged off by all and sundry.
    We stayed up when everyone thought we were down & out. Thats a bloody good reason to be smug if you ask me.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]£54k per week to Lucas Neill, an alleged (and not denied) offer of £70k per week to Dazza - that's big pockets!

At least you have an morally acceptable rich chairman, unlike City or Chelsea.

Very deep pockets. Increased TV money has given all prem teams deep pockets.
    To get those players to come to a team who scrapped relegation by the skin of our teeth last season you have to pay these wages. (doesn't always work as in the Bent case).
    Its very risky and I don't want us to simply flash cash like chelsea have done to get where they are. But the Dyre deal proved we won't just throw money around after newcastle demanded £2m more.
  • Options
    Just seen the tackle again. He definitely tried to trip Dyer. Sure he didn't intend to break his leg but the intent was to bring him down. It is not the same as say a fifty-fifty challenge where one player gets hurt. If I was Curbs I'd have had a pop as well.