Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Earnshaw signing

edited August 2007 in Rumours
Back fom Spain and see that Earnshaw may be coming after all.

earnshaw

Comments

• Options
    Will not happen unless one of ours is actually leaving as well...Marcus Bent anyone ?
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Will not happen unless one of ours is actually leaving as well...Marcus Bent anyone ?[/quote]

Agreed, if he's coming then that means Bent and Faye are on their way out.

Still not sure about him though and would prefer a centre-half and right-back instead.
  • Options
    no thanks.
    Even if MB was leaving I think we have enough strikers.

Any new players should be defenders..
  • Options
    see Wigan are selling Folan to Hull so will need a big useless lump to replace him ......
  • Options
    I thought that Folan did OK for Wigan last year, I would rather him than Marcus any day.
  • Options
    It'd say yes please. Is a proven goal scorer at this level.

17 or so last season for Naaaaarwich despite being out for 3/4 months
  • Options
    i would take him but not if it meant not getting in another cb.
  • Options
    Seems odd. Pardew is on record saying that a RB & CB will be in this week.

Is Varney more injured than first thought or is Bent or one of the new signings is off elsewhere (didn't Pardew do something like this with McEnuff?)
  • Options
    I think we will see a Full back & centre half in definately before the window shuts, not to sure about this deal though to be honest, think it is Holloway mischief making.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ZZ ? Pards said he had 'issues' after the Sheff Wed game.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: pete_tong1[/cite]ZZ ? Pards said he had 'issues' after the Sheff Wed game.

Probably about our Back Four being crap :-)
  • Options
    Last night's interview has Pards saying he was very close on one deal and there could be movement on 2/3 deals before friday.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: pete_tong1[/cite]ZZ ? Pards said he had 'issues' after the Sheff Wed game.

He had issues before the game which is why he didn't start
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]Last night's interview has Pards saying he was very close on one deal and there could be movement on 2/3 deals before friday.

Would make sense.

Earnie - Perm
    Mills and Pressley - Loans
  • Options
    what about that young lisbie guy. banging them in for colchester at the moment.
  • Options
    It is very clear to everyone that we need a CB and RB and that is certainly a priority. However, I would not say no to signing Earnshaw. He is a PROVEN goalscocer at this level and would back him to score more goals over a season than Bent and McLeod (Not that I'm saying that McLeod is a poor signing just that he will take time to adjust to life in the Championship)
  • Options
    If we got Earnshaw can't see the point in having spent good money on McLeod.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]If we got Earnshaw can't see the point in having spent good money on McLeod.

Experience vs potential
  • Options
    We've got a bit of transfer dominoes going on here.

????? to Portsmouth
    Nugent (Portsmouth) - Derby
    Earnshaw (Derby) - Charlton
    Bent (Charlton) - Wigan
    Folan (Wigan) - Hull
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hope it doesn't involve Thomas going to Derby.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]Hope it doesn't involve Thomas going to Derby.

was just thinking that myself !!
  • Options
    Could easily be an exchange deal involving Thomas or M Bent.
  • Options
    I can't believe that Earnshaw is coming without Bent going. Bent was subbed Saturday and not on the bench last night. I thought that Pards was pretty silent about Bent after subbing him on Saturday.
  • Options
    is it just me or did nugent not go to pomey just? whats that about!
  • Options
    Nugent has said he is staying at Pompey so that aint happening, if we got a money and marcus bent swap for earnie i would be delighted. I've wanted to see him in a charlton shirt ever since he was at cardiff and believe that he would become a addick legend!
  • Options
    Is Earnshaw really needed? I mean what would that make 4/5 forwards, shouldn't we get another defender or midfielder try and stop us conseding goals?
  • Options
    we need a defender but i was hoping we'd sign earnie in the summer....i do most summers to be honest. not a great all round game but will certainly bang 15+...especially with our quality in midfield.