Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

So Who Will Be

edited August 2007 in General Charlton
the scapegoat (s) now Kish, Lisbie, Hughes and Curbs have gone?

My money was on Toddy but I reckon McCarthy is coming up on the rails.

It looks as though people are now appreciating the subtlety that Toddy brings to the table.

I feel sorry for Mc Carthy as I think his attitude is spot on and he also acknowledges the fans. Having said that I do have some doubts about his ability at this level although I thought he did very well in an unfamiliar position on Saturday.

Comments

• Options
    In no particular order :
    1 McCarthy
    2.McCarthy
    3.McCarthy

He's had a poor start granted but I've not known a new signing get the abuse hes been getting this early.I think hes got the balls to get through it though but he will be an easy target.Time will tell if he is good enough but he cant afford another stinker for a while.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]I feel sorry for Mc Carthy as I think his attitude is spot on and he also acknowledges the fans. Having said that I do have some doubts about his ability at this level although I thought he did very well in an unfamiliar position on Saturday.
    I thought he did better at RB than CB!
  • Options
    Why can't we give the guy a chance. He's probably a bit short on confidence. What better way to make him very short of confidence than to slag him off unmercifully. Give him a few more games.
  • Options
    To be honest, other than Moo2 against Scunthorpe I havent been impressed by any of the back 5 in any game so far.

McCarthy does rather stand out though.

You can almost get away with having no pace if you are a yard ahead in the brain, someone like Costa did that in abundance.

Unfortunately McCarthy doesn't.

Although if he scores a last minute winner on Saturday, he will join Dennis in the 'crap but legends' club.
  • Options
    Seems McLeod isn't being given much of a chance by some, either. Haven't seen him do much yet, but he hasn't done much wrong, either, and is a young lad stepping up a couple of divisions. Let's give him a chance.

Agree re McCarthy's attitude being OK, and thought he did a job on Sat. Have grave doubts about his ability, but lay the blame for his signing more with scouting/ management.
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Are the expectations a bit too high on certain new signings due to our recent relegation from the prem? YES
    We have built a new squad and must give individual players a bit more time to gel,we also have only played a few games.
    We also might be able to add to the squad before the window closes and hopefully strengthen our defence,pards knows we have to do this to have a chance of a top six finish.
    Having been at the stockport game our defence went awol and this will be obvious to pards and everyone who went,But we played some good footy in all other departments.
    Let's wait a bit longer to see if things will get better it's a long sesaon and we also have some squad members to come back, guess we will have the ups and downs along the way but that's Charlton?
  • Options
    Amdy Faye hasn't left yet!
  • Options
    Why is everybody so eager to slag off somebody as soon as they are perceived to have performed below expectations?

If you had had started a new job, just finding your way around but most of those around you started finding fault and giving you big grief, would that suddenly make you perform better?

Football is a confidence game.

Abusing and undermining players, just makes them afraid of making mistakes.
    It doesn't make them a better player.

If a player shows the right attitude and gives 100%, what more can you ask of him?
    If he still doesn't perform well enough over several games, then it's the manager's decision to select him that should be questioned.

In the meantime, give the player your support.
    It may just help him become the player you expect him to be.
  • Options
    good post badger dood, agreed
  • Options
    McCarthy or Weaver will be the scapegoats
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    dont understand why anyone has to be scapegoat! its just too stoopid for words
  • Options
    Nor do I, but the culture we live in at the moment, everything is either great or shit, and someone has to be blamed
  • Options
    people are too quick to get on someones back so early on! Spose its like the iwelumo booers! you must heard that geezer a few rows back from you turn to the top and boooo at them to make a point!Looked a scary dood thats for sure!
  • Options
    Len - fair enough to support someone who is made a scapegoat, but why do you have to go looking for one?
  • Options
    CORY GIBBS
    we should blame him
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]Len - fair enough to support someone who is made a scapegoat, but why do you have to go looking for one?

I'm not looking for one but you can bet your bottom dollar that an element of the support will be hence my speculation as to who it will be!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Nor do I, but the culture we live in at the moment, everything is either great or shit, and someone has to be blamed

Absolutely right, it sickens me.
  • Options
    as long as that useless turd fraternising as a Pro footballer Amdy Faye is at the club he'll always be my target.

McCarthy yes hasn't started well but willing to give him benefit of the doubt.
  • Options
    Definitely not Toddy!!

A goal against Palarse goes a long, long, way!

The bloke is quality

we've got Todorov

Jordan can f*** right off!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]McCarthy or Weaver will be the scapegoats[/quote]

McCarthy and weaver best two players on the pitch yesterday?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Really was Mccarthy that strong??
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: mascot88[/cite]Really was Mccarthy that strong??

I thought he was superb. He threw defended stoutly against their aerial threat and looked assured on the ground. He may not be the next John Terry but he's no mug.
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Well that reassuring cause he looked absolute pony against Stoke, yet you can understand he was cold and thrown in.... so thats good news at least...
  • Options
    I'm sure I always said Toddy and Weaver were great signings...didn't I?
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Also guys, If were winning, and winning reasonably regularly everything swings the other way and we actually start giving people more of a chance because were looking at everything a lot more positively....

Thats in response to the actual title of the thread....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: mascot88[/cite]Really was Mccarthy that strong??

I thought he was superb. He threw defended stoutly against their aerial threat and looked assured on the ground. He may not be the next John Terry but he's no mug.

Maybe McCarthy is the 'new' Steve Brown? ;o)

The way he stood firm, threw himself to get the blocks in - and in the last 10 mins he seemed to be an the end of most Palace crosses.
    Others will have to cover for his lack of pace, but he seems to be a rock with the right players around him.

Never say die spirit.

I like that in a player.