Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

should we have got chris perry back ?

i cant help thinking that perhaps with him holding the line our back four might be able to get their act together and show a bit of stability...

Comments

• Options
    yeah why not
  • Options
    chris perry would solve it at the back,we kept fortune but got rid of perry,why?
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Perry was out of contract last year when Dowie was putting his "stamp" on the squad. Personally, I'd have kept him...
  • Options
    He's at The Valley today. Currently a free agent... sign him up!
  • Options
    Good player ....... but must be around the same age as Chris Dailly.

Needs a big CB beside him.
  • Options
    Been on here before about why did Chris Perry go!. Always a dependable player, but I am told others were 'better'..... quite what the 'better' was meant to suggest seemed vague to me!. I like my defenders to be dependable, solid, and in simple terms 'defend' know when to tackle and when to stand off!
    Obviously far too simplistic for today's game....... in the third division!.... like today's goal!

Perhaps he was not prepared to be a squad player!, although I doubt that. Seems a long time now, and like Fortune perhaps it is best that he does not return. One of the more forgotten players in our glory years, but not by all!
  • Options
    Mr Perry was at the tranmere match watching
  • Options
    No truth in the rumour that he'd rather sign for Tranmere, after watching our 1st half performance yesterday?

;o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ken from bexley[/cite]Been on here before about why did Chris Perry go!. Always a dependable player, but I am told others were 'better'..... quite what the 'better' was meant to suggest seemed vague to me!. I like my defenders to be dependable, solid, and in simple terms 'defend' know when to tackle and when to stand off!
    Obviously far too simplistic for today's game....... in the third division!.... like today's goal!

Perhaps he was not prepared to be a squad player!, although I doubt that. Seems a long time now, and like Fortune perhaps it is best that he does not return. One of the more forgotten players in our glory years, but not by all!
    I think it was on here I read that when Dowie came in he said no player over 30 would be a part of his squad.
  • Options
    Yeh well that was before we looked like a solid conference team. We no longer give a f*** about flair, we want dependability. By which we mean someone who can kick a ball without falling over.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not time to go back to the future.

Somebody younger is required.
  • Options
    We could have Perry, Doc and Dailly in a three man back line.

If we wanted to field a defence with a combined age of over 100 that is!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Wheresmeticket?[/cite]Yeh well that was before we looked like a solid conference team. We no longer give a f*** about flair, we want dependability. By which we mean someone who can kick a ball without falling over.

That rules Robbie out then.