Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

A bit of help if you have 2 mins, please

2»

Comments

• Options
    future: to see so much more of the world

retirement: loads of golf, and see if I can get my handicap down from 186 (not really 18 or 19)

pension: got one supposed to be a good one but who knows.

45/55
  • Options
    Future: My daughter gets married next year
    Retirement: Lots of travel and holidays
    Pension: Satisfied
    Have a pension: Yes
    Age-band: 45-54
  • Options
    - The Future
    Can't wait - so much to look forward too doing and seeing

- Retirement
    Can't wait - 55 at the latest

- Pensions
    The Black or the British Racing Green Aston?

Pension? You bet, index linked, final salary, plus additional years bought.

Age - 45
  • Options
    The future - Bright

Retirement - Can't wait. Can go at 53 if I want without any penalties.

Pension - Local Government Final salary pension scheme so I'm gonna be quids in.

Age 47
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Future...seeing my daughters flourish

Retirement... 55 from full time to part-time

Pension
    Well invested and prepared

45-54
  • Options
    The future - Immediate future will be spent wishing I was in McMoist's or Addickted's position. Final salary pension rights are like having an extra million quid in the bank, if you've been in them long enough.

Retirement - Looking forward to it, but it's going to be 10-12 years later than planned due to imminent divorce...

Pension - absolutely dull yes, but absolutely vital. If you're not doing 17-20% of your salary into a scheme a year for 25 years, you'll be on about a fifth of your pre-retirement income in retirement. If you're not going to inherit cash, and most of us won't 'cos our parents will live longer than they expect, that means cold and hungry!

The guys above probably have 25% a year going into their pensions in real terms.

And yes, I sell pensions for a living!

Age 40 and two weeks. Bah.
  • Options
    Thanks again.

Addickted wins the smug b*stard award...so far anyway.
  • Options
    Can I point out that being an overweight, unfit, alcoholic (almost), smoker my wife is the one that can afford to be a smug git.
  • Options
    Future: Who knows?
    Retirement: A long long way off unfortunately (oh my god, another 30 years of working.... How depressing is that?)
    Pension: Essential but bloody confusing.

Mine's another local government final salary job, although rumour has it that our employer has finally sussed how expensive this is and is trying to find ways to switch to something else. Not dead optimistic that it'll be worth much by the time I retire anyway. I'm in the 25-34 age bracket.