Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Glad all over.......

......that I am away for a week now!

I did'nt think it was particularly good game, but I think in the end you had that bit of quality that we lacked.

I was impressed with Weaver, Fortune and Racon looks an excellent player.

In true bitter fans manner it was of course all the refs fault!

It's possibly red and blue tinted glasses but I felt the ref gave us nothing all afternoon, which was particularly fortunate for Mcarthy who had every 50/50 given in his favour, which on another day would have led to 3 or 4 free kicks around the edge of the area.

Once you scored we huffed and puffed but apart from one excellent save by Weaver we did'nt really cause you any problems.

Bring on the 9th of Feb......when we will probably have a new manager!

And as for the disgraceful scenes outside the market Porter involving Ketman, Medders and CAFC Bourne.... ;-)

Cheers for the beer fellas!

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: son of selhurst[/cite]

And as for the disgraceful scenes outside the market Porter involving Ketman, Medders and CAFC Bourne.... ;-)

Looked to me like you started it all ;-)
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Millwall chavs I believe.
  • Options
    That's what was said, Millwall coming looking for Palace.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of SE7[/cite]That's what was said, Millwall coming looking for Palace.

They were looking in the wrong place! from what I could see our 'brave' boys were to busy trying to pick off isolated middle aged charlton fans wearing colours, who had left the ground early.........what a bunch of to$$ers.
  • Options
    I was really enjoying that drink outside the Porter until those bloody chavs ruined it
  • Options
    I expected more pace from Palace, attacking us down the flanks where Mills (ring rusty) and Powell (age) may have struggled. I expected loads of crosses bombing in to Sainsbury Morrison and Scowcroft testing our dodgy defence. It just didn't happen. Crosses that did come in came from deep rather then getting behind us.

This was a workmanlike performance by Charlton - typical derby, but there were moments of quality which Palace lacked. Todorov's goal (although a mix up defensively), was a classy moment. The move which saw Iwelumo screw his shot just wide was by far and a way the best move of the match.

All in all we just shaded it but Weavers saves were vital.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: 1905[/cite]I was really enjoying that drink outside the Porter until those bloody chavs ruined it

Agreed.
  • Options
    have to agree with you regarding the ref - he was deffo giving us the lion share of the decision
  • Options
    Can I just say what a thouroughly decent chap SOS is.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Algarveaddick[/cite]Can I just say what a thouroughly decent chap SOS is.

agreed, no silly stuff, has banter but knows where to draw the line. Its nice having a decent view from the other side.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2007
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Algarveaddick[/cite]Can I just say what a thouroughly decent chap SOS is.

agreed, no silly stuff, has banter but knows where to draw the line. Its nice having a decent view from the other side.

This is all getting far to friendly what with the above and meeting a few of you Charlton lifers yesterday.

I hope you enjoyed your trip to SE25, as you will have noticed things have not changed much in Arthur Wait since you left.
    Although it seems popular for away fans to suggest that Selhurst Park is perhaps not the most modern of stadium, I think you should enjoy the chance to be in one of the few 'old school' stadiums with 4 stands that do'nt match!..... you have to see it more as a living museum! One day all stadia will be like St.Marys,Riverside, Ricoh..........zzzzzz

Anyway to stop this getting friendly

You might have won...but you are still a bunch of clowns! ;-)
  • Options
    Yeah, SOS appears as decent as can be expected, and fair point about those identikit new stadia. I would suggest though, that although we benefitted from plenty of 50-50 decisions, Morrison's and - to a lesser extent - Scowcroft's constant dependence on flailing around and appealing for free-kicks worked against them with a ref who was prepared to accept the bustle of a proper local derby. Even within his own squad, it's just never Morrison's fault, is it? Funny how Taylor didn't see it that way.
    By the way SOS, would you welcome a change of manager? Or has Jordan just expected miracles without backing him properly?
  • Options
    Jordan was hoping that this season taylor would be able to to pick up quality players on loan through his u21 days, hasn't happened.

Another miserable mid-table finish with taylor getting the sack and jordan buying another flash car.
  • Options

Agreed there. Bumped into him outside Sittingbourne station, and was decent enough to have a beer with us in town - I would have run a mile seeing a cidered up Danny Dyer...

For a Palace fan SoS, you speak far too much sense ;-)
  • Options
    Was very nice to meet SOS who was good enough to introduce himself to us and have a beer with us. Top fella & will always be welcomed on this board.
  • Options
    Unless he uses the wrong category when starting a thread or talks about politics, then AFKA will ban him quicksmart!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: PassItToLeaburn[/cite]Unless he uses the wrong category when starting a thread or talks about politics, then AFKA will ban him quicksmart![/quote]

I thought AFKA said we were allowed to discuss politics during international breaks :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]

Agreed there. Bumped into him outside Sittingbourne station, and was decent enough to have a beer with us in town - I would have run a mile seeing a cidered up Danny Dyer...

For a Palace fan SoS, you speak far too much sense ;-)

It has to be said that Danny Dyer did appear to have enjoyed a good day on the sauce! I'lll gladly get you fellas a beer in return sometime.

As if getting beat by you lot was not bad enough! I thought at least a few days away with the Mrs and Kids would be nice and it was, but I could have done without Darren Day in the accomodation next door.............. he's from the streets you know!

What a hampton!