Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Led Zep to perform at the O2 Arena........

2»

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    Never liked them, wouldn't pay to see them now even if I did.

"and she's buying a stenna chair lift to heeeeaven"

Bang on the money. Some people (Ozzy f*cking Osbourne and Rolling Stones -take note) should retire and have done with it. Too old to perform and well past their sell by date if they could!
  • Options
    Curbs' big brother is involved with putting this show on as well as Mr Goldsmith.
  • Options
    'Fraid that Robert Plant's voice went years ago - Nice bloke though - got him to sign my Copy of Remastered when he was at the Valley watching the Wolves many moons ago.

Seriously though £125 a ticket? Jeez.

Still think the club should get The Who back to the Valley!
  • Options
    It's a benefit gig for a charity foundation to honour the Atlantic Records founder Ahmet Ertegun - one of the things the cash will go to is a music scholarship at Ravensbourne College (which will move next door to the Dome in a couple of years).
  • Options
    That explains it then.

So how much of the Ticket price will go to the Charity and how much to AEG? (I'm getting cynical)

The best "Charity" gigs - also run by Harvey Goldsmith, are the Teenage Cancer Trust Gigs at the Royal Albert Hall. The RAH gives them free use and the bands/Acts all give their time for free.

Tickets are not a rip off as well
  • Options
    Well, finally got registered for the ballot. Only took four hours.
  • Options
    £125, that's me out the running then. Thanks for the offer Addickted.
  • Options
    what website do i register on?
  • Options
    http://www.ahmettribute.com/

if you can get on it.
  • Options
    All done!!

right pain to get on though.

have registered the mrs, my sister, the dogs, the goldfish......
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Anyone else get lucky?

I got the E-mail this morning and just assumed it was a 'sorry but we'll keep your name on our database kind of thing', couldn't believe it when it said 'congratulations', I feel a bit like Charlie Bucket (except that the poor old Buckets could barely afford a chocolate bar let alone £263 for two tickets to a gig - come to think of it I'm not convinced that I can afford that either!).
  • Options
    b0ll0cks, didnt get anything!

guess i'm one of the millions wo will miss out!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: PassItToLeaburn[/cite]Anyone else get lucky?

I got the E-mail this morning and just assumed it was a 'sorry but we'll keep your name on our database kind of thing', couldn't believe it when it said 'congratulations', I feel a bit like Charlie Bucket (except that the poor old Buckets could barely afford a chocolate bar let alone £263 for two tickets to a gig - come to think of it I'm not convinced that I can afford that either!).

Straight up PITL? Nice work if so. You're sitting on a nice little earner there if you did fell like cashing in.
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Yep. Honest to God.

They're not easy to sell on though, there's so many rules and stipulations including having to go to the O2 to pick up your tickets the day before the gig (or between 10 and 6 on the actual day), carrying state issued photo ID and the credit card that you used to buy the tickets. Your guest has to go with you and they will put the wristbands on you then.

Luckily I don't want to. Just about my favourite band and quite possibly the only chance I'll ever have to see them live. Seen Robert Plant on his own before but that wasn't quite the same....
  • Options
    Photo ID and instant wristbands eh? Let's hope there's not some sort of Communication Breakdown In the Evening or you might get Trampled Underfoot. In which case the organiser could only say it was Nobody's Fault But Mine.

*reaches for coat*
  • Options
    I hate you Pass It.

Nothing in my in box today.
  • Options
    Yeah sorry. It didn't help that 14k of the 25k tickets went to corporate sponsors - that left you with about a 1 in 5000 chance of getting tickets.

Don't mean to sound ungrateful but I've spent £277 and had a 5000/1 shot come in. Had I done that at the bookies I'd have been £1.4m better off (which I must admit would have trumped seeing the Zep!).
  • Options
    Gig postponed now until 10th December as Jimmy Page has broken his finger.

Can you still go Pass It?

Can You?

Pretty please........
  • Options
    Bugger! Can't make that date. I might just keep my ticket and frame it.
  • Options
    Sorry Addickted, I'll still be using my tickets - it'd have to be something pretty bloody important I had planned to make me miss this!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2007
    not even this?.....

zeppelin tickets on evil bay
  • Options
    Tonight's the night!!

Went down to the O2 to collect my tickets and wristband yesterday and realised just how big this gig is. Not one of around 20 people we got talking to during the 2 hour wait had travelled an insignificant distance to be there. A couple of Aussies who'd flown in for 3 days just to see it, a mother and son from New Jersey, some Canadians, Scandinavians, Germans, the two guys who'd travelled down from Glasgow were envied for having such an easy journey! My dad and I felt like frauds having driven for 20 minutes to get there!

I hope they're worth it!
  • Options
    you'll have to review it for us PITL. What was Townsend like? (when was the last time he was the support act!)
  • Options
    What really pizzes me off is that half the crowd are complete Led Zep virgins and only applied for the ticket because they think its cool...not that im jealous or anything like that.

I will just have to rely on my dodgy memory of watching Led Zep's and flying saucers hovering above my head at their last gig at Knebworth. And Led Zep playing in Mainheim Germany when Plant said to us (we were waving a Union jack) what's the weather like back at home lads!

Lets hope they do some more gigs for the real fans!
  • Options
    Maybe true of sone of the crowd solid but most of those I spoke to were complete and utter Led Zep fanatics, many had flown huge distances to be there. There were obviously the corporate tickets (which are always a waste - one of my main gripes with Wembley) but I'd say the majority fell into the hands of real fans one way or another.

As for a review. Wow. Never thought I'd get to see them live, was in awe when I saw Robert Plant do a solo gig a couple of years ago but to see as close as you can now get to the whole band play was amazing. Even if their performance had been below par it would have been enough to have seen them but it wasn't - they were brilliant. Highlight for me was Kashmir which just sounded immense. I would have liked them to have done a short acoustic set maybe The Rain Song, Gallows Pole, Going to California or something like that but as I said to my dad Led Zep have the kind of back catalogue where they could play for 4 hours and still miss out some of your faves.

All in all, amazing night - I was so excited by the end that I bought a programme even though it was £20!
  • Options
    I repeat...I am not jealous....I am not jealous....I am jealous....I am soooo f*ckin jealous.

Pleased to hear from someone there that the band played well - all the reviews I've read seems to support this. Hoping they will put together a few more gigs - still will be difficult to get the tickets though.

Were you conned into the gig a Abert Hall Princes Charity when they billed Plant and Page but they played separately. Hall packed out with Zep fans! Love Plant's version of Hey Joe that night and of course Page did his lengendary guitar playing with the bow but all too brief with two tracks a piece.
  • Options
    Jealous?

YOU F**KING BET I'M JEALOUS!

how are your ears PITL?
  • Options
    Ringing!! I get to a lot of gigs but that was just about the loudest, I think the sound engineers were playing with the sound a bit during the first three tracks and then once they had it right they cranked it up to 11!