Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

update from a terrorised 11 year old.

i posted this on the 'what happened at sydenham' thread.

this is what a workmate of the baconette has posted on a forum.
name deleted 1 Sep 16:47
to all the palace scum hope u rot in hell on the train at selhurst station with my 11 year old son doors open palace shitbags run on board and hitting anybody on sight with bud bottles i had 2 stop them from hitting my son because he had a top on he was 2 scared 2 go to the game

don't worry afka, i'm not trying to bring it all up again. just thought people might be intrested that the dad has been contacted by the club and invited his boy (who didn't even want to carry on going to home games anymore) along to sparrows lane to meet the players etc.
with him being back at school now he has turned it down, only for the club to invite him behind the scenes before the next home game and walk out with the team. he will also get a signed shirt and meet the players.
he is still shaken up by what happened and is slowly being persuaded that it shouldn't let it get in his way of watching his team.

Comments

• Options
    what a great gesture. Well done whoever followed this up.
  • Options
    Great stuff.
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    poor lad and all that and good on the club.
  • Options
    It's so nice to see that some clubs do actually care about their fans, as a West Ham supporter i'd love to say that the club cares about us but to be honest as long as they sell out every game i don't think they could give a damn!
  • Options
    Well done the club
  • Options
    edited September 2007
  • Options
    well done charlton
  • Options
    Well done the club!
  • Options
    Again the club come up trumps.
  • Options
    Well done Charlton! Great to hear this.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This is why We are such a great and brilliant club,hope he decides to take up the offer, and has a great day out.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: badger[/cite]This is why We are such a great and brilliant club,hope he decides to take up the offer, and has a great day out.

True. Well done the club.
  • Options
    Maybe we could organise something, I could give him a tour of the Charlton Life server room (very impressive), maybe set him up with an email account. Whooooha!
  • Options
    well done
  • Options
    makes you proud to be an Addick! hope the scumbags who did it hear about this, thats if they have stopped running from our scarfers at the station by now!
  • Options
    British Transport Police are looking for witnesses to the attack. Call crimestoppers

Hounslow Advertiser
  • Options
    Top draw, well done to the club...hope those Palarse cnuts rot in hell, that could've been my 11 year old.
  • Options
    Everso sorry to hear about what happend. It is disgusting and I hope whoever did it rot in hell. Without trying to have a dig i remember as a kid going to the Charlton Palace play-off match at Selhurst when we beat you 1-0 i think it was. I was with my girlfriend and phoning my dad to pick me up when Charlton fans came up from behind and hit me. I was pretty shaken up at the time and makes me feel for the poor kid who had problems with the Palace (so called) fan. I hope he is ok. I find it amazing that so called adults cannot attend a london derby and have the great atmosphere without causing trouble. Well done to you lot this round. Well have you next time on your patch :)
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Sorry to hear that mate. There are plankton at every club. I condemn all idiots who pick on innocent fans. Banter is great. Verbals are fine but attacking ordinary fans is totally wrong and should be condemned.
  • Options
    thats really good by the club.......

top end... shame it happened
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    as palace fan i am disgusted that so called palace fans attacked innocent visiting fans, hopefully they will be caught and suitably punished.
    i hope that the young lad that was too scared to go on saturday will continue to go and watch his team, and not be put off going to watch live football.
  • Options
    palacefan, marco, cheers for the comments. Nice to know there are some reasoned fans about that know the difference between what's acceptable, and what's not, despite the game having a bit of an edge.
  • Options
    LINK: The BTP are appealing for witnesses to the assault on the train. Call 0800 405 040 if you have any details or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
  • Options
    just found out
    today the father called at the training ground (his work took him there), girl at reception told him to 'wait there'. 2 mins later pards comes out gives him ambroses shirt from the palace game, signed to his son by all the players. pards tells him how sorry he was about the incident and gives him 2 tickets for saturday in the west stand director seats, and also 2 passes for the players loungue afterwards.
  • Options
    Bloody hell. I might write to the club and tell them about the time I got a whack at Millwall!

Good on the club. Hope the kid's OK and enjoying his football again..
  • Options
    BRILLIANT!any news on the cowards that caused all this?
  • Options
    how did the club know that he was the dad tho if he was just there on work related business? or was it a nice set up?
  • Options
    Great stuff.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Tavern[/cite]BRILLIANT!any news on the cowards that caused all this?

"Cowards" possibly to kind words w***ers maybe?

Great stuff from pards and the club.
  • Options
    top notch CAFC