Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

First day at senior school

Comments

• Options
    Good luck guys.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Letters get sent on on 1 March informing us which school Henry Jnr has got.

Fingers crossed

Email at 4pm for us.

Hope he gets the one he wants.

didn't apply on line so have to wait for the post.

Ditto for you.

[cite]Posted By: aliwibble[/cite]Good luck guys.

Cheers

Got a choice of good schools in Bromley but he knows which one he prefers.
  • Options
    Only one decent school in Gravesend. If he doesn't get the Grammar we'll be appealing!

Thanks Ali.
  • Options
    Age 11 to 16 is a horrible time of life and I wouldn't go back for anything. My boys have that golden period to look forward to!

Welcome to .

Spots
    exams
    getting embarrased in front of girls
    fights
    school full stop
    raging hormones
    etc....
  • Options
    Sneaky way of finding out if you live in Kent and applied on-line. We know where he's going!

;-)
  • Options
    so your not appealing then Dave
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]so your not appealing then Dave

Safe to say we won't be appealing!
  • Options
    You're right about fights,Bedsaddick: got duffed up on my first day at Gravesend Tech, really not so much a fight as a 1st.round K.O
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Bedsaddick[/cite]

Welcome to .

Spots
    exams
    getting embarrased in front of girls
    fights
    school full stop
    raging hormones
    etc....

Apart from the exams sounds OK to me?

Remember those years are likely to also include

First w***/snog/grope

First drink

First all nighter

First away trip to see Charlton (without parents) which might also include some of the above.

First love/heartbreak

Discovering the best band in the world ever and buying all their records/going to see them live.

Realising every song on the radio is about you

having some really good mates who you share growing up with

Where as as adults we get little doses of dopamine (the bodies pleasure drug) when we do something we like such as going for a walk or hearing a joke teenagers get either nothing (which is why they are "so bored") or a great big hit ("this is amazing") which is why nothing ever seems as good when you are older.
  • Options
    That's one hell of a first day, Henry!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    LOL
  • Options
    Hated school.
  • Options
    First day me in school uniform as per mum and dads request--- the cart loads of pikeys must have thought their Xmas had come seeing me walk in the gate. Dont think i had a school dinner for about 3 months ! Still salt of the earth types.

Bullying ? how about robbery -- theft- -- fear ? till you took the chance to plant one of the scum and the chance the rest would find an easier target .Which like the naffing cowards they are they of course did.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AshTray[/cite]Hated school.

Same wish i could go back now though just because i diddnt care about education then but now im a so called adult i quiet like educating myself.
  • Options
    my first day i cant remember fully, but no nerves for me! Knew people on my bus and going to the new school so was good fun, good times looking back though

shame i didnt know that when was at school as used to hate it , but was such a laugh. i was a little shite ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]my first day i cant remember fully, but no nerves for me! Knew people on my bus and going to the new school so was good fun, good times looking back though

shame i didnt know that when was at school as used to hate it , but was such a laugh. i was a little shite ;-)

was you on one of those buses? you know the ones I mean where they are all licking the window?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]
    Same wish i could go back now though just because i diddnt care about education then but now im a so called adult i quiet like educating myself.
    You're not doing a very good job Rupert. ;-)
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]
    Same wish i could go back now though just because ididdntcare about education then but now im a so called adult iquietlike educating myself.
    You're not doing a very good job Rupert. ;-)

that's right; 'diddnt'??? lmao
  • Options
    Learnt a lot the hard way, but wouldn't want to go back. ; (
  • Options
    Feltham, TCE?

It's what most young lads like to do.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yippie I O

Henry Jnr got his first choice - Ravens Wood.
  • Options
    Miss Tavern junior got into hers too. Knew she would.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Yippie I O

excellent im pleased for you and him :-) that rings a bell that does is it in orpington?

[cite]Posted By: sadiejane1981[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]my first day i cant remember fully, but no nerves for me! Knew people on my bus and going to the new school so was good fun, good times looking back though

was you on one of those buses? you know the ones I mean where they are all licking the window?

No i bloody well wasn't, an you would of felt well silly if i turned round and said actually i was! haha
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]Miss Tavern junior got into hers too. Knew she would.

Was that the young lady I met with her wicked step-mother last week? : - )

Well done her.

JB, the School is in Keston, Bromley.
  • Options

big rugby school, had some huge games against Ravens wood when i was at BETHS.
  • Options

Very good school. My step brother and loads of mates went there....as did David Bowie and Peter Frampton.
  • Options
    Big on sport all round. Football team won the Year 10 national championship a few years back.
  • Options
    My daughter got into her first choice! One of the most oversubscribed schools in the UK!

Just a tad proud!!
  • Options
    Remember playing against Ravenswood, won the game, came back in the changing room and half my uniform was missing. Some clowns had dumped our uniforms in the bins! Never like Ravenswood after that! lol
    Despite all that, it's a good school, congrats Henry. And congrats all the other proud parents!
  • Options
    Remember to de-tag their school ties (had to at Crown Wood 1979)!
    Or someone bigger done it for you!