Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

queuing for beer at the ground (again)

the main reason for me not having a half-time pint/food is by the time you've got served the 2nd half is almost underway.
would/have the club thought of having a number of these on the concourses at half time, for people that solely want beer.
at the oval yesterday, people were using them instead of queuing up at the bar and it worked really well.
it could be a 'correct money only' thing to make it quicker, or if its unrealistic that a person carries a pocketful of cash then would it be too hard to have tokens that can be bought at any outlet at any time. surely this would lead to people buying x amount of tokens at once to avoid the queues, (like at outdoor concert venues).

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2007
    why cant i post a pic?

anyway they are like a rucksack full of beer.
  • Options
    They had them at Fulham may work
  • Options
    might have to get one for myself!!!
  • Options
    good idea would be idea for me when i go and watch my girls dance at comps
  • Options
    how this for an idea .... selling beer tokens before k.o. which are then the only "currency" at a half-time beer-only bar?

This should significantly speed up the transaction and free up considerable staff time so that one or two staff can be dedicated to pouring pints?

I am assuming that plastic bottles of beer may be a non-starter because of smuggling potential.
  • Options
    Maybe we should invest in those water back packs like cyclists have. Lager would go flat but for us ale drinkers in may be an option!
  • Options
    I'm glad Chunes has got you all thinking ;o)

I've yet to receive a reply from this Paul Ellison bloke. What's up with that?

Henry, I say you stick your oar in.
  • Options
    I and others have suggested similar to this and other things many times but it alwasy seem to fall on deaf ears.
  • Options
    Can't make my mind up which p!sses me off more, the lousy half time service or the fact that i can't be trusted to drink in sight of the pitch without turning into a demented lout.
  • Options
    The most annoying thing is that if I'd gone to a Broncos game when they used the Valley, I could have sat in my same old seat and drank whatever I'd liked... yet, when the proper game is played, I can't... That sucks.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    They had the back packs at the Oval at the international 20/20 games in the summer. They also have them in the seats and terraces at the Bundesliga. They can also sell bottles of beer as well. CAFC catering should visit the Oval/Lords on a mtach day.
  • Options
    think we should teach the staff how to serve a pint first & then explain the difference between a lager & a bitter.

i have honestly never known the like & i've been to many a venue

they do the token thing at Ajax, which is good in theory, but you can easily run out & they sell them in multiples of ten, so you're often left with money in your token you can't spend