Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Just back from Wembley

Well done McLaren on picking Heskey he had a stormer let's hope he carries it on.

How people can question Michael Owen baffles me.

Gerard looked unleashed without Lampard alongside him and had a great game and had a good foil in Gareth Barry who had a cracker.

Admittedly Israel talked a good game in the papers giving it the big un but were AWFUL - But you can only beat what is in front of you.

Micah Richards is an aboslute beast and still onyl bloody 18 - could spell the end of Gary Neville's England career

Comments

• Just got back also and couldn't agree more.
  • Spot on, wright phillips was my MOTM.
  • Yeah,

I watched the game on MOTD. Wright Phillips looked good. Gerrard looked liberated. Barry gives the right balance in midfield. Richards is awesome but all the defence played well. Heskey, fair play to him, looked up for it big time. Owen scored a great goal and looked sharp. Great win but Israel really offered nothing and once we got our noses in front there was no way back for them.

Bring on the Russkis. McLaren's got some selection decisions. Me, I'd go with the same team. You have the option of replacing say Gerrard with Lampard and Barry with Hargreaves (if both are fit) in the second half.

As for Gary Neville, there is no way in for him unless Richards of played elsewhere. The guy is an incredible talent.
  • Bring on Lampard! You are joking of course! The midfield passing was so superior without him on the pitch!
  • edited September 2007
    oh yeah and as for the fans booing Bentley FFS it's pathetic.

Also anyone watch the Euro Round Up on Sky with David Pratt commentating. He was unbeliveable - he tried to look for the negative in everything. Michael Owen's goal he tried saying his first touch was bad which gave him the chance , he's a clown owen 1st touch was awesome to set the chance up. Hoddle and Wilkins never even metnioned a bad touch.
  • Watched the game on ESPN with Tommy Smyth commentating, Very knowledgable man who doesn't constantly slag down the players or trying to go one up on his fellow commentator with crap facts. Owens control and goal was pure class. Heskey I think surprised everyone and deserves a go against Russia, I have a personal dislike for Terry so for me, he would be no loss, Gerrard looked in a fair bit of pain in the 2nd half, hope he makes the Russia game.
    Lampard, quality player but have to agree with kentred and say midfield were miles better without him
  • edited September 2007
    Gerrard had cramp according to McRapen.
  • England played well, but how often have we seen an England team with second choice players in it looking better than the official first team?

SWP instead of Beckham, Micah Richards instead of Neville, Heskey instead of Rooney etc.

Owen had agreat game, although his play lacks a bit here and there, he does have a big match temperament.
  • please you sound like platt - who cares what his game lacks his goalscoring records speaks for itself he is PROVEN World class player.
  • Another Indifferent atmostphere at the game, too many plastics not enough proper fans for my liking, it ain't a day out at the zoo it's the bleedin national team, support them for crying out load. Israel's support worse than ours which took some doing on the day.

Performance excellent & result superb, Bentley had it coming & I booed him as he should not have been near the squad this early after what he did. However, we have let him know how we feel time to move on, he'll get a cheer from me next game.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]I booed him as he should not have been near the squad.....he'll get a cheer from me next game.
    you're so fickle!
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]I booed him as he should not have been near the squad.....he'll get a cheer from me next game.
    you're so fickle!

Trying to get a bite early West Side LOL

No just making a point to the boy you cannot do what he did & expect to not expect some form of backlash. I would say that most of the stadium booed so I could hardly be called an idiot minority.
  • I and Buckshee, and a few others clapped everytime Bentley touched the ball
  • Don't see why the big deal with Bentley. If he had played for the U21's, wouldn't he have had 2 weeks off before returning to training with Blackburn? I'd have done the same in his position....
  • Please explain why Bently was booed.

Thinking of going to an England match - havent been for years. Can I buy a ticket without paying the £45 fans thingy that's on the FA site? Is the £45 a one off membership payment?

Cheers
  • Just join as a FAN on the fa website.

Thats what we did and have tickets for Russia and Estonia and hopefully Croatia when they do the ballot.
  • Think tickets are still available for Estonia SG, you don't need to join Englandfans, you just need to register on the FA website for a FAN number, and then you can apply for tickets
  • I have done the same Southend - I got tickets for u21 game, brazil, estonia,russia, and israel.

That england fans thing is good for away games but home games just join this ballot thing. Although if we keep telling people to join it will become harder LOL
  • Why did nearly everyone leave before the end? I thought we had a few early leavers at The Valley, but nothing like that - shocking!

I'd have booed Bentley if I'd been there - he should be left out for a year imho - and he's not that great anyway.

Should keep the same team for Weds, but bet McLaren doesn't...
  • Sponsored links:

• It was a joke with the early leavers on Saturday, I got out easier leaving at the end of the game, and clapping the players off, then most of the stadium who left on 85 minutes.

Also there was never 85,000 in the stadium on Saturday, loads of empty seats in the general areas, let alone Club Wembley
  • [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]Why did nearly everyone leave before the end? I thought we had a few early leavers at The Valley, but nothing like that - shocking!

I'd have booed Bentley if I'd been there - he should be left out for a year imho - and he's not that great anyway.

Should keep the same team for Weds, but bet McLaren doesn't...

spot on....that bloke doesn't deserve to wear the shirt.....plus he ain't even that good !, would've rather seen Pennant (who granted is also a bit of a pr*ck) given a chance on his current club form.
  • Rothko - I couldn't believe it when they gave out the attendance. You could see empty seats everywhere on TV - I'd have said 65K. Can understand (well not really...) that some of the debentures might be empty, but what about all the rest?? Did people buy tickets and not go???
  • looks that way, and that gate must have been on tickets sold, not who attended.

I had 5 empty seats next to me in the upper tier, and quite a few of the front row seats were empty where I was.

Be interesting on Wednesday, cause I think Club Wembley will be full with corporate holders
  • We had that Pompey Bell Ringing P**** behind us on Saturday, It ain't Fratton Park you mug.
    As for the early leavers it started at about the 75 minute mark. I left at the end of the game & was on a Tube within 25 minutes, I suppose people just don't like queueing after the game to get away. Still a lame excuse though if you ask me.
  • from a plastic point of view it looked terrible on the TV.

i text Ketman after about 75 minutes and he told me he was just about to leave himself. ;-)
  • LOL Westside
  • Getting stuck at Wembley way is half the fun of going to Wembley :-)
  • what prices are the tickets gents? I fancy going myself to a game, havent been since England played Bulgaria whenever that was, Bulgaria had a Young guy called Kishy something!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • From £30 to £60