Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Colchester trains may be affected

edited September 2007 in Match Day Travel
anorak alert

train strike.

Comments

• room for one in the boot of my car if anyone fancies it
  • See Bob Crowe is involved again, does that mug ever stop
  • I dont really know the rail route on this line so all a bit double dutch to me.

STRIKE
  • Colchester is on the line to Ipswich, Norwich etc, so I'd well imagine you'll be affected...
  • STRIKE OFF

result.
    am excited about tomorrow, not done a train away day for ages.
  • Can you let me know what pub you're heading for? my brother is driving up so hope to catch a couple of drinks before but shooting straight off afterwards.
  • [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]Can you let me know what pub you're heading for? my brother is driving up so hope to catch a couple of drinks before but shooting straight off afterwards.
    Same info for me please because our lot have to chase down suze for our tickets!
  • Trains are every 10-15 mins and take approx 1 hr from Liverpool Street. After the Sellout Park game issues, remember Palace are away at Norwich and will also be at Liverpool Street and Millwall are at home to Walsall, so may be patrolling the manor at London Bridge in the evening.
  • i printed off that long list of info from REAMS!!
    our train gets in at midday so plan to jump in a cab

what one would you chose?

the nearest pub to Layer Road is the the Drury pub(above)at the top of Layer Road, which is generally okay for away fans, unless it is a high profile match, such as a local derby, or where there has been a bit of 'history' between the two clubs.

A better bet may be to head towards the town centre where you will pass the Dragoon pub(below) in Butt Road which is on the way to the ground, almost opposite the police station. It is in the Campaign For Real Ale guide, serves good ales and does a mean chilli on match days.

It is full of Col U fans but of the friendly real ale drinker variety'. To find this pub and to head towards the town centre; then with the Club's ticket and administrative offices behind you turn left and go down Layer Road. You will pass the Drury pub on your left and then at the t-junction turn right into Butt Road. Continue down this road passing, the entrance to Colchester Barracks on the right and just further down on the right is the Dragoon Pub which serves a range of Adnams beers.

If you carry on down Butt Road, passing the Police Station on your left, then proceed through the underpass and on towards the main shopping area. Turn right into St Johns Street and just a short way down in the right is another CAMRA listed pub, the Fox & Fiddle which serves a number of real ales.

Almost next door is the Playhouse, which is a Wetherspoons outlet. This former theatre is a spectacular setting for a bar, as the original dress circle and stage of the theatre have been preserved and is well worth a visit. It is about a 15 minute walk from the ground into the town centre. However it will probably take about 20 minutes to walk back as it mostly uphill.

A great pub for visiting fans who like quality real ale is called "The Odd One Out", It is situated at the bottom part of Mersea Road not far from Colchester Town station, maybe a 15 minute walk away from the ground. The pub has won the best real ale pub in Essex award on more than one occasion'.
  • i say Dragoon because its like Dragon
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]Can you let me know what pub you're heading for? my brother is driving up so hope to catch a couple of drinks before but shooting straight off afterwards.
    Same info for me please because our lot have to chase down suze for our tickets!

what tickets?
  • don't be a silly sausage