Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Germany 11 Argentina 0

Just watched the opening match of the Womens World Cup. Total dross. Argentina were absolutely hopeless with a useless keeper and a non existent defence. Germany's players were efficient but frankly this is a joke tournament if teams who have qualified can play as badly as Argentina did.

Comments

• Options
    It's up there with the One-Legged Pole Vaulting World Championships & Blind Table Tennis in terms of seriousness!!

Predictably it's getting lots of coverage in Canada & The US as soccer is seen as a birds game - unlike the oh so manly American Football (helmets & total body armour compulsory in case you get tackled).
  • Options
    this should be put in "non-football related" category
  • Options
    woman and football just not natural
  • Options
    I thought the Argie keeper was class with the first and last goals.

Coming out to catch a corner completely unchallenged and palming it into your own net once is some achievement, but to do it twice in one match just demonstrates the time she has clearly spent in perfecting the art.

Well done luv, now, have you finished ironing my shirts?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oakster[/cite]It's up there with the One-Legged Pole Vaulting World Championships & Blind Table Tennis in terms of seriousness!!

Predictably it's getting lots of coverage in Canada & The US as soccer is seen as a birds game - unlike the oh so manly American Football (helmets & total body armour compulsory in case you get tackled).
    Agree with the sentiment about the US and Canada treating it like a 'woman's game' - but I'm not exactly sure that Kevin Everett would agree with your piss-taking of American Football...