Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Now it's the Americans ...

Comments

• Options
    Think we should listen to what Reg said in the programme. Don`t believe everything you read in the papers. Where is the Nigerian and Russian story gone. If it was true when the story broke then we would know something by now surely ? Just because Charlton are having this strategic review the journos are putting 2 and 2 together and making 10000. IMHO
  • Options
    Didn't Varney (or maybe Murray, can't remember) say something recently about links being forged with American investors?

No smoke without fire, I suppose - there does seem to be something going on with American investors.
  • Options
    Yeah Oggy but I thought that American thing was pretty much linked to the possible new training ground in Kent ?
  • Options
    Right - the Kings Hill thing, wasn't it?
    Development of cutting edge training facilities without the club spending a fortune.

Do you think that's just the tip of the iceberg and there is more general investment and finance, future sponsorship even, to come through that source?
  • Options
    Your guess is a good as mine I imagine. I thought the Kings Hill thing was more of a joint venture rather than an investment opportunity for the american firm. Not sure to be honest
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    I phoned the club to enquire but all they would tell me is that they've sold 400 for Coventry. Wouldn't say if any of them were American tho.
  • Options
    LOL Lookie.

(Thought it was odd that you'd phoned the club to ask them that until I read ltgtr's post!).
  • Options
    I'm one for the subtle things in life ;-)
  • Options
    You phoned them from Bermuda? Crikey! How many pence a minute does that cost on their premium line?? That's more dedication than Netaddicks.
  • Options
    Yeah... on a mobile too! ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    You sure you're not part of the takeover bid?

Just whisper if you don't want everyone to know ;-)