Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

3000 tickets for Hulll - guess the away crowd!

edited September 2007 in General Charlton
i expect a comment from Ooahhmortimer shortly.

Comments

• Options
    Well I'm going, so that's one!
  • Options
    Bryan Hughes was very popular.

Gives an opportunity to pay our respects.
  • Options
    i think we will take a few but not sure it will be 3000.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Bryan Hughes was very popular.

Gives an opportunity to pay our respects.

I'm waiting till they come to the valley to pay mine :-)
  • Options
    depends on results
  • Options
    23 quid as well for a long way to a scummy place on a weeknight
  • Options
    hey
  • Options
    Im only going if there is spare seats on the mini bus so i can get home
  • Options
    unlikely to be going as even from Sheffield it is quite a trek - the only train (assuming I catch it) back from hull is at 22.20 (likely to be a nodding donkey) and even then I get back into sheffield city centre after the last bus home.
  • Options
    I'm there with 3 others,so i reckon that we'll have a couple of hundred up there
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    we'll bring the worst away turn out they get this season because midweek fixture, long trip,get home late, (forget it's a new ground), it's nearly christmas , could be cold and errrr errrrm our away support is pathetic..... i'm not going cos i've been to hull twice b4 ;-)
  • Options
    If we do not lose between now and that game i tihnk we will have a bumper 750 up there!!
  • Options
    I'm going with 4 others.You can book a twin room in a B&B for £50 a room. £25 each is not too bad.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Charlie Block[/cite]unlikely to be going as even from Sheffield it is quite a trek - the only train (assuming I catch it) back from hull is at 22.20 (likely to be a nodding donkey) and even then I get back into sheffield city centre after the last bus home.

i'm planning to go from sheffield too, despite the long walk home after the last bus, you should give it a go mate
  • Options
    for those who might be going from sheffield, drop us a message if you fancy a lift as i might be driving there and back from sheffield for the game
  • Options
    IM GOIN WITH DAVEY BOY MEHMET AND 2 OTHERS.
  • Options
    i'll go for 200/250,i remember driving to the night game at stadium of light for Sunderland 0 Charlton 0 about 200/250 attended,you'd be surprised how many will go if we are doing well.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ads[/cite]for those who might be going from sheffield, drop us a message if you fancy a lift as i might be driving there and back from sheffield for the game

generous offer mate, might take you up on that if that's alright, how comes you don't fancy the train though, pretty cheap (though slowish) and you get the added bonus of drinking, which in hull on a tuesday night you may well need!
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]i'm planning to go from sheffield too, despite the long walk home after the last bus, you should give it a go mate
    how comes you don't fancy the train though, pretty cheap (though slowish) and you get the added bonus of drinking, which in hull on a tuesday night you may well need!

Just don't find the idea of going to a complete rubbish dump (I don't know which is worse out of Hull and Worksop) on a slow train that is likely to be a
    nodding donkey whose ride is absolutely sh*t and IMO the worst trains anywhere. I would probably be more tempted if I wasn't a season ticket holder who is planning to go to every Charlton home league game.

Plus I normally play badminton tuesday nights (though i will be at the valley next week).
  • Options
    Can't see what the problem is,Sheffield 2 Hull ain't that far,get it sorted and go and make a noise,nuff said.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nice ground at Hull these days.

Not like the old Boothferry Park. Now that was a dump.
  • Options
    Well we got beat 2-0 and guess what oggy it was a NIGHT GAME and a wednesday night.
  • Options
    Never went to a night game at Boothferry before.

Remember seeing us get caned 3-0 up there, Ken Wagstaff and Chris Chilton did the damage.
    Hull were a cracking Division 2 side in those days and beat everybody at home.
    Must have been early 70's.

The last time I went there, we won 1-0 - maybe it was our Division 3 promotion year 80-81?
    For the life of me, I can't be sure now.
  • Options
    Midweek forget it then did not know that.

new job and getting time off at teh moment no chance for me
  • Options
    if we are doing well 600 tops.
    if we aren't doing well could be as little as 200.
  • Options
    in a sick way i find these outings more fun...its immensly satisfying to turn a team over after a really long journey!as long as public transport permits me...being a kentish lad...im there. i have a leicester friend who went up there last year and says its a good new ground.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: ads[/cite]for those who might be going from sheffield, drop us a message if you fancy a lift as i might be driving there and back from sheffield for the game[/quote]

generous offer mate, might take you up on that if that's alright, how comes you don't fancy the train though, pretty cheap (though slowish) and you get the added bonus of drinking, which in hull on a tuesday night you may well need![/quote]

hadnt made up my mind yet as its still a few weeks away, was assuming that there wouldnt be any trains back after so would have to stay over in sh*thull or drive. get in touch the weekend before the game and ill have a clearer idea
  • Options
    mention of hull always reminds me of going down to the den in the late 60's to see millwall v hull (if charlton weren't in london and my dad was working that day then i'd pop down to the den) and seeing a hull fan on crutches with a couple of mates behind him 'take' the cold blow lane end before the match...watching him do it, we couldn't work whether he was really hard or really mad...