Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Car Trouble - Any ideas?

2»

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]naah, they've in barcalona on hols, and i picked the car up sunday and they used it that very same day, noise only started last night and i've been using the car every day this week to do handy things you do when you have access to a car!
    They have 2 cars, dad drives to work in whichever one he feels like and mum uses the other one. they both get a run out at least once a day, and also at weekends as dad golfs and mum does mum things. thanks for the suggestion tho!

take it back and use the other car...
  • Options
    My money's on the exhaust. Those bastard speed humps play havoc with exhausts - some of them are so high they feel like they're going to rip your poxy sump out when you go over them at even ten miles an hour. cars also have them much lower than they used to.

Get under it and have a look at the exhaust hanger or muffler shield. Of course, it should go without saying that you should leave the car for a while before doing this, as it's likely to be quite hot... (sorry if that sounds like stating the bleedin' obvious, but you ARE a girl)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]Don't do a 'CharltonDan' mate. Be careful

Agreed. Shake properly or wear speedos
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]My money's on the exhaust. Those bastard speed humps play havoc with exhausts - some of them are so high they feel like they're going to rip your poxy sump out when you go over them at even ten miles an hour. cars also have them much lower than they used to.

Get under it and have a look at the exhaust hanger or muffler shield. Of course, it should go without saying that you should leave the car for a while before doing this, as it's likely to be quite hot... (sorry if that sounds like stating the bleedin' obvious, but you ARE a girl)

am i???

I haven't driven it in since this morning, gonna go and check the oil in a mo and try that for starters. if its the exhaust, i'll wait till the weekend till they're back and can help me suss it out.

no ramps or car jacks around to enable me to look underneath and i'm wearing a suit and heels, so not likely i'm gonna get on the floor in a car park!
  • Options
    "i'm wearing a suit and heels, so not likely i'm gonna get on the floor in a car park!"

The times I've heard that!!
  • Options
    Suzi d i y done and bins are out. ;o)
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Al the Addick[/cite]Suzi d i y done and bins are out. ;o)

Jolly good. Well behaved aren't you. :-)
  • Options
    what happened to the car then?
  • Options
    well, it made the noise on and off all the way home, but i had to go to a gig last night so went to that, got v drunk and thought i'd just take the car home tomorrow and have a discussion with the parents about the noise that appeared.

but got up late, so had to drive in, it started to make a little bit of a noise, then something clicked and it stopped. been fine ever since. i think it was a stone that got stuck inside the alloy wheel thing and was scraping on that?

Oh,.... new issue tho, it was misty this am so i put the wipers on once, and the back one fell off! going to see if i can find it on the way home outside my house before i return it tomorrow and resign myself to a life back on the bus :-(
  • Options
    Suzi- thank you that made me laff!

Good luck finding the wiper!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm glad. I've had about 3 hours sleep a banging headache and don't feel like laughing.

I blame les and sco for making me drink so much.

anyway, i'm off to find me wiper! see you tomorrow some of ya, have a great w/e everyone else!

Up the Addicks!