Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

midweek at Wembley

forgotten what a nightmare it is to get home midweek.

1.30 i got in to go about 20 miles across town - ridiculous.

Comments

• Options
    on the tube by 10.20, biggest problem was I got to North Greenwich as the Prince concert was kicking out, so it was a bit manic down there
  • Options
    How many concerts is he doing, seems like he's been there for months!
  • Options
    saw Pards going into the ground last night
    was smart too he was in a lovely pin-stripe
  • Options
    We went via Wembley central , was in Charing X by half 10 ish . Have heard some similar stories to yours though Arf
  • Options
    it was alright getting into the tube station but i needed to get to victoria and the viccy line was shut down - could i get a f***** black cab could i heck. Missed my last train ended up having to go to Wallington and walk the 3 miles home.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge Knows[/cite]it was alright getting into the tube station but i needed to get to victoria and the viccy line was shut down - could i get a f***** black cab could i heck. Missed my last train ended up having to go to Wallington and walk the 3 miles home.
    bloody black cab drivers...;-)
  • Options
    I know I know I know - which is the reason why I am doing it as there is a pot load of money to be made working the nights picking mugs like me who go o wembley and miss their last train
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge Knows[/cite]it was alright getting into the tube station but i needed to get to victoria and the viccy line was shut down.

we had the same problem when we went, but missed out the vic line by going through to Westminster, and then back into Vic... why didnt you do that?!
  • Options
    oh i don't bloody know lol didn't think of that at the time -
  • Options
    You would of been home in no time....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Weren't all the cabbies at home watching the game last night? Certainly took me longer to get a cab from Surbiton than it does normally.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]You would of been home in no time....[/quote]

yeah we're all the dogs nuts in hindsight
  • Options
    Vic line has been shut every evening for ages... so not sure that's hindsight....
  • Options
    Considering i don't bloody use public transport i think it is
  • Options
    I got home about 1.40am as managed to get last train home from Victoria, however only made it with 20 mins to spare so if there are any serious problems on the tubes after the game I am proper f**ked.
  • Options
    Was the last train via strood again?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]I got home about 1.40am as managed to get last train home from Victoria, however only made it with 20 mins to spare so if there are any serious problems on the tubes after the game I am proper f**ked.
    If you're willing to get home at 1.40 for an england game i hope you;re going to Hull and Cardiff, or are you ashamed to be a Charlton supporter?

oh how i jest
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]Was the last train via strood again?

Luckily no, Fast to Chatham & would have got home earlier but saw my wife Jenny at Sittingbourne station waiting for a cab so I waited with her till one arrived.

[cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]I got home about 1.40am as managed to get last train home from Victoria, however only made it with 20 mins to spare so if there are any serious problems on the tubes after the game I am proper f**ked.
    If you're willing to get home at 1.40 for an england game i hope you;re going to Hull and Cardiff, or are you ashamed to be a Charlton supporter?

oh how i jest

LOL Westside I have missed only Stoke away in the league this year & that was due to work commitments, will let you know about Hull :-0
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]Was the last train via strood again?

Luckily no, Fast to Chatham & would have got home earlier but saw my wife Jenny at Sittingbourne station waiting for a cab so I waited with her till one arrived

Double bonus....
  • Options
    home by 12,drove to east croydon on way there,train direct to wembley central,changed at willesden,richmond and clapham on way home (should just have been at willesden but missed last direct train to clapham junc).First time at new Wembley for me and the little man awesome but shame we had to leave 10 mins before the end to miss the rush and missed third goal.But we both enjoyed it big time.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Home 5minutes after whenever Rothko saw me
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]How many concerts is he doing, seems like he's been there for months![/quote]

Just thinking the same