Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chris powell (i love him)

edited September 2007 in General Charlton
icons
for those that dont want to register

We've got some blinding youngsters

The whole squad is buoyant going into the match against Colchester this weekend because our last game was the 1-0 win over our south London rivals Crystal Palace.

Palace might see Brighton as their main rivals but for us it's definitely the Selhurst Park mob. Luckily it's not a nasty or violent sort of rivalry, but there is a lot of needle.

It's a healthy thing in football to have these sides you look forward to playing. The games always produce great atmospheres. There are a lot of things to win in football and one is bragging rights over your derby rivals.
Palace might see Brighton as their main rivals but for us it's definitely the Selhurst Park mob.

It's been heightened over the year by various things, like when we shared a ground or the stuff with Iain Dowie. As players we know how much beating Palace means to the fans. Of course the three points are the most important thing, but getting them against Palace is nice.

It was also a great result because it came a few days after our rip-roaring 4-3 Carling Cup win over Stockport when we really didn't defend well at all.

We won and it was very exciting for the fans, but for us as a team it was embarrassing. It was really basic stuff that we didn't get right. It wasn't about how Stockport played but about the mistakes we made. The manager tore into us and he had every right to be angry.

Svetoslav Todorov was naturally disappointed to be left out of the starting line-up having scored in the victory over Stockport. I spoke to him and said the boss has to make some very tough decisions sometimes. As players we have to accept he has reasons.

Toddy came off the bench with a real 'I'll show you' attitude and that was great. He had some good touches and scored a fine goal. He's a very fluid and stylish player and also very committed. He didn't know anything about the Palace rivalry until I spoke to him before the match.

I think if you look around the club you'll see we have a number of very talented guys. There are young players who I really expect to make an impact. I think Jerome Thomas will be a real star this year and there won't be many teams that can handle him. I also think young Lloyd Sam will come to the fore. He's got bags of ability and I feel this is his season.

It's really enjoyable helping to bring on these young lads. I love to see the emerging talent. They have a little go at me, calling me uncle and grandad, but that's great. They are a lovely bunch of lads. It's great to see them wear the shirt with pride. I try to teach them a trick or two. If you can instil the right attitude into these young men you feel you are really doing something worthwhile.

Comments

• Options
    Cut him and he bleeds red...........Well obviously he does, but you know what I mean ;-)
  • Options
    Great stuff. So glad he's back where he belongs.
  • Options
    Legend isn't a worthy enough word.

I see he's also appeared on Facebook... how genuine I don't know
  • Options
    proper nice bloke and he dislikes palace!!!
    looks like the stalkers on his case;-)
  • Options
    Charlton Manager in 2025
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]Legend isn't a worthy enough word.

You total stalker!! How many times have you poked him??

Oo eer
  • Options
    The man's a pioneer!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]

Oo eer

The new MCS............FACT! He'll be saying stuff like "Dood" next!
  • Options
    Top Bloke
  • Options
    hes one of us!!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Charlton Dan[/cite]

Oo eer

The new MCS............FACT! He'll be saying stuff like "Dood" next!

Or get so excited that I piss my pants....
  • Options

Oo eer

A lot less times than you've poked me. Sicko.
  • Options
    You love it.

As you have a small arse (sic) you are nominated to be the filling in the WSS sandwich
  • Options
    has anyone requested a friend from him? he's got ian wright and dion dublin listed but not sure its him.

perhaps i could try in city addicks capacity! tho i wrote to him while at watford to ask him to guest for us but he completely blanked my letter. most offended.
  • Options
    I just asked him to be my friend. Ollie's brother is his friend already.
  • Options
    let me know what response you get!!
    i might put the picturew of me and him on my profile! stalker.
  • Options
    i can't even get on there now
  • Options
    Other Achievements:
    2007 saw Chris officially named as the 'Nicest guy in football' for aproximately the 239th year running. Therefore, Chris' middle name has been changed, making his full title: Sir Chris Nicest Guy In Football Powell.

character!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]has anyone requested a friend from him? he's got ian wright and dion dublin listed but not sure its him.

I'm not convinced it's him, but yes, he appears to have a few friends that make sense...
  • Options
    anyone get a response from chris powell? l
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2007
    he's joined the paul mortimer appreciation society.

mortimer
  • Options
    he was online last weekend apparently at about 2.45 which was strange, as he was in the starting line up.....
  • Options
    ha ha!!

could be a member of his family? but obviously probably not and nothing to do with him... just another imposter.
  • Options
    darren bent is his friend and he's got a 169 friends...
  • Options
    god i finally got into this face book thingy, kind of. some of you might enjoy my charlton groupie album. tho suzie doesnt appear to be that happy. i think she looks really lovely in the mark fish pic.
  • Options
    ive just invited about 30 very random celebs. be well funny if they accept. keep an eye on my profile
  • Options
    Don't forget to invite Charlton's No 1 fan, Great Train Robber, Ronnie Biggs - if he's still alive........
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: carlsberg[/cite]ive just invited about 30 very random celebs. be well funny if they accept. keep an eye on my profile

I'm mates with Ross Kemp. He's well 'ard
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    I thought well'ard was a dog :-)
  • Options
    I bet nobody's got as many Charlton players as friends as I have.
    I've got:

Darren Ambrose
    Jerome Thomas
    Chris Dickson
    Jose Semedo
    and finally....wait for it....
    Clive Mendonca

If anyone wants to see the proof, send me a whisper.