Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Don't boo Lisbie

edited September 2007 in General Charlton
or sheringham for that fact cos you know it'll come back and bite us on the ass.

Comments

• Options
    thinking exactly the same thing.

Parker/ mills / Bowyer(?) etc
  • Options
    hopefully no one would boo lisbie.

there would no reason to... anyway he was booed enough when he played for us.
  • Options
    defoe.
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Oi, no bad language on here please! ;-)

Who else???
  • Options
    I think laughing would be more appropriate, with a sense of relief that he is no longer infuriating us.
  • Options
    Boo Big Chris then ;-)

Chorus of "Super Kev" is in oder me thinks then get behind the team.
  • Options
    I can understand booing Sheringham but why boo Lisbie?

He gave Charlton 10 years and didn't throw his toys when he left.
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Agree,

It's not his fault the management at the time had misplaced faith in his ability for so long (Liverpool apart of course)

B*ll*cks to Sheringham, let him have it!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]hopefully no one would boo lisbie.

there would no reason to

spot on.

can't see any reason why anyone would boo.

he tried, it wasn't his fault, he was just simply not good enough and it was more the fault of curbishley who never got rid of him that we were still stuck with him last year when we really needed an alternative to moneybank and marcus.
  • Options
    surely no one would boo would Lisbie would they for chrissake?

Didn't Sheringham go to quite a few of our away games last time we were in the Championship, with a Charlton supporting mate?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    As much as this may stick in the throat (ooh err) wouldn't a chorus of "There's only one Marcus Bent" directed at Sheringham be appropriate?
  • Options
    definitely give him the 'super kev' treatment...guaranteed to make him miss...
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: DaveMehmet[/cite]As much as this may stick in the throat (ooh err) wouldn't a chorus of "There's only one Marcus Bent" directed at Sheringham be appropriate?[/quote]

agreed Mr Mehmet!!
  • Options
    Be nice to SuperKev.

He came through the ranks and showed tremendous loyalty when no other club would have him. :o)

Seriously, he's a very talented player who had the ability and skills to play at the top level............. but never had the mental strength and self belief.

So are we all agreed, don't boo him?

As someone said - haven't we already booed him enough?
  • Options
    Well said Oggy.
    I also think that people shouldn't underestimate the effect that injuries had on his career at Charlton.
    I would be surprised if he ever played more than ten games on the spin. On the rare occasions when he managed to find goalscoring form, the brace v Spurs or the hatrick v Liverpool, he was promptly struck down with another long term injury.
    But I agree, a very talented footballer and I hope he proves his many doubters wrong, after tomorrow !
  • Options
    he can do it tomorrow if he wants so long as we win.
    Colchester 3 (Lisbie 17,81,83) Charlton 4 (Iwelumo 16,18,88,90) will do nicely.
  • Options
    BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!
  • Options
    i shall be verbally abusing anyone who boo's superkev to the point of physical violence. :-)
  • Options
    I wonder if Colchester will boo Iwulemo?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]I wonder if Colchester will boo Iwulemo?

They wouldn't dare.

He's bigger than any of them..........
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    laugh at lisbie,booing is for players you fear
  • Options
    Nice touch from Big Chris saying he hopes he scores so he can show his respect for Colchester by not celebrating. Quite clever to mention it in advance as well.

Let's hope he get his wish.