Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread vs Colchester United

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2007
    Four minutes stoppage time
  • Options
    So do I ....... ; )
  • Options
    Come on Charlton- Come on!!!!!!
  • Options
    Mills getting angry, knew it wouldn't take long
  • Options
    sounds like our defence have all gone mad!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    CMON
  • Options
    Happy we came back and got to listen to it, have a good one wherever you all are boys
  • Options
    Full time 2-2.

Goals abundant at both ends with this team.
  • Options
    We've got to get this defense sorted, we can't keep giving teams 2 goal starts
  • Options
    All Over 2-2
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    whats strange is that i look at the clock and its 2 am ish and i think well thats a bit late yet i kno wthat later in the season its gonna be 4 am and ill be thinking the same....... PLEASE DONT MAKE US INTERNATIONAL CHARLTON SUPPORTERS WATCH UPDATES INSTEAD OF COMMENTARY!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Happy with a draw???
  • Options
    we'll just try this again next weekend,
  • Options
    fingers crossed
  • Options
    im happy
  • Options
    time for bed i think, have a good'un
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: mascot88[/cite]im happy

Got to be happy after being 2-0 down! Sounds like the defence was awful though!
  • Options
    Greetings from Greece.

Had to trek to find a terminal. Nothing here showing either England games, first football fix today was trekking and finding a bar with a telly. I've had Man U v Everton, Liverpool v Pompey, Spurs v Arsenal (you wait to you see Darren's miss) and West Ham v Boro. Pissed as a fart and suprisingly no foreign feed was showing Col U v Charlton !!!

Hope all is well, see you all next week.
  • Options
    probabaly....
  • Options
    Coming back from 0-2 is always a decent feat, but we shouldn't be in that position in the first place. Mixed feelings today..

Boogy and/or Sodje have got to start on Tuesday night. A more attcking player for Semedo would also be a positive change for a home game.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Varney making an impact, and we liven up with him up top, he'll start on Tuesday, and the center halves will change
  • Options
    I've just noticed that the BBC website have both the Todorov and Iwelumo substitutions listed as injury replacements. That isnt' very positive. :(
  • Options
    Both Toddy & Iwelumo went off injured according to my mates at the game. Varney impressed. Defence was awful and Lisbie's son got booed at half-time!
  • Options
    Racon has got to start as has boogy and sodje i've had it with McCARTHORSE
  • Options
    Just got back. Fortune was injured for the last ten minutes. They had a bloke playing who was bigger than Iwelumo who was a reall handful second half. We were all over the place defensively at the end mainly because of Fortunes injury. As for the rest of the game, we looked good in patches, passed it around but over elaborated at times.

Reid coming on made a difference but he seemed to turn into the mad paddy that he's struggles to avoid being. Got himself booked and could easily have been sent off. He lost some focus because of that. Iwelumo and Toddy were a handful but we did not get enough decent crosses in. I hope their injuries are not too serious. Varney looked lively when he came on and his pressure led to ZZ''s equaliser.Thomas as usual looks great for one or two moves but doesn't do it enough for me.

Not sure about McCarthy and Fortune today. They certainly didn't shirk it but looked shaky at times. Mills and Sir Chris did ok but did not "bomb" on enough for me. Typical Ambrose performance. Some good play but out of the game too much. ZZ was somewhat ineffective in the first half but was much better in the second. Weaver made a couple of great saves, one brilliant one from Lisbie. He did make one howler of a clearance but generally was good.

All in all a fighting point but defensive frailties still there.
  • Options
    Yes, there are still big concerns about the cental defenders. Especially McCarthy. However, I see another major weakness in central midfield. Semedo is just not up to the physical battle that occurs in midfield every game in the Championship. He constantly needs more time than our opponents are going to give him at this level. Not sure what the answer is. Maybe Racon will prove to be up for the battle.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Red_Pete[/cite]Yes, there are still big concerns about the cental defenders. Especially McCarthy. However, I see another major weakness in central midfield. Semedo is just not up to the physical battle that occurs in midfield every game in the Championship. He constantly needs more time than our opponents are going to give him at this level. Not sure what the answer is. Maybe Racon will prove to be up for the battle.

I think you are probably right about Semedo. I think we'll see Racon this week. ZZ for me makes such a difference playing alongside Reid. We just need a hard nut in there to break up the play.
  • Options
    our defence sounds awful...

we can obviously score.... tighten it up and weve got a chance... up to fifth : )
  • Options
    I thought Semedo looked really good at left back when Thatcher went off injured in the Sheff Weds game.
    Much as I love Sir Chris, I think we'd all admit he's not as fast as he was - perhaps Semedo is the answer in that position...
  • Options
    Semedo looked good at right back against stockport,more comfortable in defence.