Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

starting XI tonight?

edited September 2007 in General Charlton
a lot of options tonight, probably only Weaver, Mills, Reid and ZZ guaranteed a start - probably Powelly too, but I wonder if Semedo could be a better option there.

Anyway, one possibility?

Weaver
Mills Magic Sodje Powell
ZZ Semedo Racon Reid
Varney Todorov

Comments

• Options
    Gibbs

Gibbs Gibbs Gibbs Gibbs
    Gibbs Gibbs Gibbs Gibbs
    Gibbs Gibbs
  • Options
    Is that Cory Gibbs on the left wing?
  • Options
    At Number One is ....
  • Options
    I agree with Salad on the back four and front two but it is the midfield that is difficult as we have so many of them. What about Sam as he is an out and out winger whereas ZZ is better in the middle, but if we put ZZ in the middle who do we leave out, I've not seen Racon so don't know what he does so how about:

Weaver
    Mills Magic Sodje Powell
    Sam ZZ Semedo Reid
    Varney Todorov

with Racon on the bench to replace Sam once we are 2 up
  • Options
    how did Varney look on Saturday ?
  • Options
    Weaver
    Mills Majic Sodje Powell
    Ambrose ZZ Racon Reid
    Varney Big Chris
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]how did Varney look on Saturday ?

Very pretty and good looking : - )

Welcome back
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Weaver
    Mills Majic Sodje Powell
    Ambrose ZZ Racon Reid
    Varney Big Chris

That's the team I'd start with. Toddy off the bench when Varney inevitably tires. Usually wouldn't suggest changing both centre halves but don't think we really have anything to lose on that front!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]how did Varney look on Saturday ?

Very pretty and good looking : - )

Welcome back

that is my line!
  • Options
    Racon is Pard's best summer buy FACT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2007
    Mills Majic Sodje Powell
    Ambrose ZZ Racon Reid
    Varney Big Chris
    I'd be happy enough with that, toss up between Ambrose and Semedo I think for the final midfield place. Perhaps go for Ambrose and put Semedo at left back.

Up front want to see Varney get a game now, another toss up for his partner - the physical presence of Iwelumo or the intelligent play of Todorov? I'd go for Tod - and he is scoring.

Still worried about defence wahtever CH pairing we end up with.
  • Options
    Toddy's got to start 3 in 3 and we are gonna drop him, what does he have to do to stay in the team?
  • Options
    central midfield must be Reid, ZZ

Wingers from Thomas, Sam, McLeod,
  • Options
    was very impressed by Racon in centre-mid at Palce though
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    [cite]Posted By: CAFCBourne[/cite]Toddy's got to start 3 in 3 and we are gonna drop him, what does he have to do to stay in the team?
    a very salient point Mr Dyer, one with which I concur.
  • Options
    Think you need an option that big Chris gives us against Norwich, especially with Dublin at centre half
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: CAFCBourne[/cite]Toddy's got to start 3 in 3 and we are gonna drop him, what does he have to do to stay in the team?

Bang on.

Varney might be our 'new' Darren Bent.

But Toddy is starting to show he's our 'new' Mendonca - similar style, lethal finishing et al.

New chant:
    "Super, Super Sweat, Super Sweaty Toddle Off!"...... or however you'd pronounce it. ;o)
  • Options
    Mills Majic Sodje Powell
    Ambrose ZZ Racon Reid
    Varney Big Chris

On paper I would go with that however, I am not totally convinced that left wing is Reids best position. His tendency to go wondering off and leave the left back exposed is a bit of a worry.
  • Options
    I think the time has come to Put Semedo at Centre Half, it is our problem position & he is one after all. Semedo although looking good as the holding player at times has been caught in possession too often for my liking.
  • Options
    Looks like it is going to be another - we are going to score one more than you night.

Interesting no one really fancies Thomas - hasn't done much since Gillingham.

Toddy does deserve a start but I think we all want to see if Varney is as good as he is rated. I think Iwelumo should play with one of the other 3 whenever fit as it gives more options.

I would like to see Racon play. Although we have not seen much what I have seen looks really good. Looks much more confident than Semedo comming forward - what we need in home matches.

I would play Lloyd Sam in preference to Ambrose who has been inconsistent at best.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    pardew loves ambrose
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: jac52[/cite]pardew loves ambrosia
    custard fan eh?
  • Options
    Weaver

Mills Magic Sodje Semedo

Sam Racon ZZ Reid

Iwelumo Varney

Ambrose looked like Holland out there on Saturday, i love powelly to bits but he's totally past it and the defence was a disaster...

might be harsh leaving toddy out, he may have 3 in 3 but he hardly does anything (i know some people will think i'm stupid for saying this) but he is a very technical player that doesn't have a lot of energy or movement and up front with big chris who fights for every ball but doesn't look to play on the shoulder either we just look sluggish and devoid of pace, which i still think in this league where defenders play 6'4" blokes every week is the crucial commidity.

for me todorov doesn't offer anything but an option in the 6 yard box and varney's 20 minute burst where he ran our line alone warrants him a try

besides, i very much doubt both toddy and chris will be fit tonight anyway