Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

I still don't get Semedo

Is it me,but I just don't get the hype Pards gives Semedo IMHO he just isn't fast enough to play centre midfield,I would much rather see him at centre half.Where was Racon,I really rate this guy.Talkin of centre halves apart from his sending off Dublin was by far the best defender on the pitch last night even at 38 he is head and shoulders above any centre half we have at the club (apart from Cory eh Henry).

Comments

• Options
    Jury's definately still out, but we are getting results so in the words of the Scouce fans i heard moaning on the "wireless" on the way home, why change a winning team?
  • Options
    he doesn't seem to wanna shoot either whenever the opportunity arises he always wants to play the square pass(the buck)
  • Options
    What about Dublin tho chaps he could do one hell of a job for us.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]he doesn't seem to wanna shoot either whenever the opportunity arises he always wants to play the square pass(the buck)

Its becoming obvious that Samedo isn't truly a midfielder and is a defender with a defender's mentality.

But maybe that's exactly why Pards plays him - he plays as an advanced defender rather than as a midfielder.
  • Options
    I thought he was a lot better last night and got stuck in, he also uses the ball very well and is always available. In this league it does matter if he does not shoot as there are plenty others that are far more capable than him in the side
  • Options
    Samedo is currently doing the unglamourous Keith Jones role. I thought he did it well last night, and is still a young kid playing in a new league and style of football to what he has been used to.

I think he will get better with time, but i'd also like to see Racon given a try at some point.
  • Options
    He seems a tidy little player to me, but when we need to break people down like we did last night we could do with someone a bit more creative in there. That's not a criticism of him - he is a defender after all and will only learn and get better over time.
  • Options
    We could win 10-0 and Northstand steve will still find something to moan about LOL...

Semedo does a good job for me his fault is he holds on to the ball too long.
  • Options
    not convinced either, too slow and gets caught in possession an endless amount of times per game, a couple of passes were absolutely dire last night as well, and i don't mean just misplaced, but twenty yard passes ten yards astray... i want to see racon get at least a few cameo roles under his belt in the middle (or we might end up with holland back!)
  • Options
    you may probably be aware that I have been saying this about Samedo for a while, I much preferred the second half Shef Wed with ZZ and Reid in the middle
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Funny all this talk about work rate and misplaced passes with occasional brilliance reminds me of a tireless Bulgarian we had playing for us and didn't he come in for some flack.

Semedo for me is still getting to grips with the pace of the English game, that said he remember only 21ish never lets his head drop and works hard to disrupt play, does the dirty stuff in front of the back four still a very good prospect
  • Options
    i agree, still a good prospect, but when you need to win every single game and when you have a squad as strong as we do in terms of both numbers and ability, we can't be his educators and to hell with the consequences
  • Options
    I know i moan ledge thats coz i strive for perfection
  • Options
    think about it this way, Samedo is defensive yet here we are leaking goals..
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]i agree, still a good prospect, but when you need to win every single game and when you have a squad as strong as we do in terms of both numbers and ability, we can't be his educators and to hell with the consequences

Why do we need to win every single game? Have you got money on us getting more than 130 points or summink?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]think about it this way, Samedo is defensive yet here we are leaking goals..

Er ........ I was under the impression we kept a clean sheet last night. Must've missed something.
  • Options
    He's the new Keith Jones, which is a good thing, he'll never be a fans favorite, but he does all the nasty horrible things well
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]i agree, still a good prospect, but when you need to win every single game and when you have a squad as strong as we do in terms of both numbers and ability, we can't be his educators and to hell with the consequences

Why do we need to win every single game? Have you got money on us getting more than 130 points or summink?

no i don't, i'm implying that every 3 points is crucial, not like the last few years when we could afford to lose games here and there etc. and still get a bit over 40 points, we are now in a race and every single game is winnable and the vast majority will need to be won if we want automatic promotion

never bet on charlton anyway, too many emotions at stake already
  • Options
    It's actually the reversed of that ISLS.

In the past few years we were always going to lose games against certain teams and so had more or less written them off anyway, with any points being a bonus. Therefore we could less afford to lose the remaining "winnable" games.

This year we actually can afford to lose, or at least not win, a few of the winnable games - though not too many - because most of them are winnable.

I can understand people getting frustrated with us losing or drawing a game against someone we "should" beat, but that WILL obviously happen this year and I'm already preparing myself for the moaning/backlash if some of the comments on here about last night - a game that we played well in and won - are any indication of peoples mentality.

All rejoice and be happy. If you can't now after last night then there's not much hope for you!
  • Options
    oh believe me, i'm happy and far from a moaner, i'll be going to near enough every away game this season and giving it my all hoping i'll see the players do likewise

my points on semedo were just that i think we could up the ante if we gave him a break for a while and tried another avenue, i think it would be very naive to think a winning team can't be changed, don't think we can be resting on our laurels.

interesting to see your other perspective on what i said about every game being crucial and i must admit there is favour with both sides of the argument, mine was probably centred on the fact i'd like us to set a tone in this league, steam in early, points on the board rather than try and play catch up towards the end of the season when as the division proved last year that anyone desperate can beat anyone else and the playoff/relegation battles could well almost meet in the middle of the table and give every team at least something to play for right down to the last couple of games.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I like Semedo (Samedo? - never sure which is right?). Far from the finished article but adds a real sense of stability to the midfield. I know there were a couple of misplaced passes last night, but it was just that, a couple. More often than not he keeps the ball and I thought he broke up play well last night too.

I also think he reminds me of Keith Jones only with age I think he'll grow to have more to offer than Jones did (which was a lot!).
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: PassItToLeaburn[/cite]I like Semedo (Samedo? - never sure which is right?). Far from the finished article but adds a real sense of stability to the midfield. I know there were a couple of misplaced passes last night,

Just a couple is right but how many good passes were made, we passed it around really well, Norwich just couldnt get the ball even when they did it was broken down again, only saw Weaver make one great save.
  • Options
    Off-it.....how do you do that border stuff around a quote?
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: revellinit[/cite]Off-it.....how do you do that border stuff around a quote?[/quote]it's easy
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: revellinit[/cite]Off-it.....how do you do that border stuff around a quote?
    it's easy

Your browser probably shows "text" at the moment.

If you click on BBCode you get the border stuff.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: revellinit[/cite]Off-it.....how do you do that border stuff around a quote?
    it's easy

Your browser probably shows "text" at the moment.

If you click on BBCode you get the border stuff.

trying!
  • Options
    look at me go...thanks
  • Options
    I'd keep Semedo well away from centre half after the Sheff Weds performance!
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    did he play defence that game can't remember?
  • Options
    I think you're being harsh. You seen to forget he is very young, playing in a different country, has already had eight different defenders behind him as well as five or six different midfielders around him. If you think it is easy to settle down and play brilliant every game with all of that then I think you are having a laugh..............