Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

forgetting the 20 goals we've got aready, why

aren't we creating and taking more chances ?...all over norwich from start to finish (if it was a boxing match, the ref would have stopped it), until the two late penalties we could have easily been hit with a sucker punch and walked away with nothing...its not as if the strikers we've got dont have an eye for goal or that the midfeld look like worldbeaters at times...its pretty and great to watch but where's the killer instinct ?

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2007
    know where your coming from,some of our work goes amiss
  • Options
    I thought we were a bit too reliant on trying to get the ball on to Big Chris's head last night.
    He wasn't that successful, we looked far more dangerous on the floor and we know he can score with the ball at his feet too.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DaveStorry[/cite]I thought we were a bit too reliant on trying to get the ball on to Big Chris's head last night.
    He wasn't that successful, we looked far more dangerous on the floor and we know he can score with the ball at his feet too.

that's what i thought, it was leaburnesque the way we were using him. as dave said he can play with his feet so it was a pity we were so one-dimensional by aiming the ball high at him so often. dublin was dealing with it from early doors. having said that zz should've been on to those clearances that were coming out of the box down the middle, he played far too deep last night.
  • Options
    we perhaps aren't as sharp in the middle of the park as needed when a team has come for 0-0 and puts 10 men behind the ball.
  • Options
    Agree about the Leaburnesque big ball in the middle but we did have 21 shots, hit the bar three times and ZZ, from a yard, and Reid both missed open goals. Still not sure how ZZ or Varney didn't put that away in the first half but haven't seen a reply of it.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ltgtr[/cite]aren't we creating and taking more chances ?...all over norwich from start to finish (if it was a boxing match, the ref would have stopped it), until the two late penalties we could have easily been hit with a sucker punch and walked away with nothing...its not as if the strikers we've got dont have an eye for goal or that the midfeld look like worldbeaters at times...its pretty and great to watch but where's the killer instinct ?

If it wasn't for Weaver's great save from Huckerby we would have been hit with a sucker punch
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Agree about the Leaburnesque big ball in the middle but we did have 21 shots, hit the bar three times and ZZ, from a yard, and Reid both missed open goals. Still not sure how ZZ or Varney didn't put that away in the first half but haven't seen a reply of it.

as i said, if it was a boxing match the ref would have stopped it, so why aren't we killing these teams off ?...i think we need to turn a team over to get the momentum going for the season...
  • Options
    a bit too neat and tidy in midfield perhaps, need some quicker (accurate) distribution - Racon instead of Semedo?
  • Options
    Jeez .......... some people.

We play well, win, go third in the league and some people still want to find fault!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]Jeez .......... some people.

We play well, win, go third in the league and some people still want to find fault!

nobody on here is finding fault...we're all recognising the obvious flaw in our gameplan...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I felt that Reidy, especially in the first half was guilty of a bit of over confidence. He was clearly the most skillful creative player there by a country mile and he played a little two casual for me, trying to thread impossible balls through, or not chipping with enough flight or pace to to give Big Chris the sort of service he needed. I'm nit picking I know. Give the team time to really hit their straps and we'll see lots more end product from all the good approach play.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ltgtr[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]Jeez .......... some people.

nobody on here is finding fault...we're all recognising the obvious flaw in our gameplan...

Rubbish! The title of this thread and your opening line a quite simply laugable old son - have a word witrh yourself!
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]

Rubbish! The title of this thread and your opening line a quite simply laugable old son

its meant to be self mocking to highlight that is not a serious criticism but a realisation that without the ref awarding us two late penalties we wouldn't have got the 3 points and pushing forward we are always open to a sucker punch...and that so far, dominating possession or not, scoring 16 goals in all comps, we haven't had a convincing win and more often that not have had to produce a fightback at some stage...
  • Options
    yeah but someone's gonna get a right hiding from us sooner or later..... righto with our defence i wont hold my breath.....2 clean sheets in 3 games tho but the oppo were poor.....
  • Options
    You could 'what if' until the cow's come home, on just about anything.

The fact is that we did score two goals and the timing is largely irrelevant isn't it? The game is about 90+ minutes and there is no rule that say's we must score in the first ten or twenty, just because it would ease the nerves a bit.

It is and will continue to be a fact of life in this division that we will have to break teams down that come for a point or a break away win. The two goals on Tuesday came about from an astute substitution and good attacking play against tiring opposition.

We will have to show patience and if sometimes teams suceed in frustrating us then we're gonna have to take it on the chin and not panic like a large sections of Tuesday's crowd did.

Besides which, this is Charlton, when was it ever easy??
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Spot on KB.
  • Options
    20 goals now and living on the edge ?...with 11 players that have found the back of the net (ok 10, as marcus has moved on) scoring more goals and killing off the game shouldn't be a problem, should it ?