Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

If you're going by car/bus to the Valley on Saturday...

...be warned that Greenwich Council has decided to make Greenwich car-free-day this Saturday, rather than a Sunday which it usually is.

It'll mean part of the Greenwich one-way system is closed, which is going to screw up the A206 something chronic. You have been warned.

Shame, because on a Sunday it's usually a good little event, but clearly the flickering Greenwich Council brain cell has failed again.

car-free day

Comments

• Options
    Also, if you travel by train I think there are problems with some routes to London Bridge. I come from Redhill and I'll have to go via Victoria or something!
  • Options
    Engineering works means a bus between Rainham and Strood on Saturday, and no fast service from Victoria to the Kent Coast...

More great planning by the powers that be!
  • Options
    its ridiculous, people just don't speak to each other
  • Options
    Car Free Day Eh...me thinks Rothko has had a hand in this !
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]its ridiculous, people just don't speak to each other

Just like last night, where yet again after an evening game, they were digging up half of the A2....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Car Free Day Eh...me thinks Rothko has had a hand in this !

Nope, but it is car free in Central London on Sunday, which is a good thing.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Car Free Day Eh...me thinks Rothko has had a hand in this !

what are the emergency services going to do?
  • Options

Sounds great, but with no car, and no trains, how the feck do I get there?????
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]its ridiculous, people just don't speak to each other[/quote]

Just like last night, where yet again after an evening game, they were digging up half of the A2....[/quote]

Or more precisely, sectioning off half of the chuffing A2, but only actually working on 10 square inches of the f*****g thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: KillersBeard[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]its ridiculous, people just don't speak to each other

Just like last night, where yet again after an evening game, they were digging up half of the A2....

Or more precisely, sectioning off half of the chuffing A2, but only actually working on 10 square inches of the f*****g thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That goes without saying mate!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: InspectorSands[/cite]ride bikes

NO they don't pay tax so should not be allowed on the roads :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: InspectorSands[/cite]ride bikes

NO they don't pay tax so should not be allowed on the roads :-)

Nah, just the VAT that everyone pays when you buy something, that's tax isn't it einstein?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]

what are the emergency services going to do?

Err used the roads like they usually do? it's only the embankment area which is shut
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited September 2007
    Booooo to the Bikers!

Pay some road tax!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Pay some road tax!

Tax? Weren't you a tax dodger til a couple of years ago?!?
  • Options

Exactly what taxes did i dodge?!

I drove so paid all that, i worked so paid all that and i even lived in a decent house at uni where i paid council tax!
  • Options
    No one pays Road Tax, so good job your in marketing and not Tax
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]No one pays Road Tax, so good job your in marketing and not Tax
    car tax/road tax its all the same thing!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nope, not even Car tax, try again Lover boy
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited September 2007
    stop being picky..

motor vehicle licence crap?

(go on, hit me with "is a bike a motor vehicle then?")
  • Options

Exactly what taxes did i dodge?!

I drove so paid all that, i worked so paid all that and i even lived in a decent house at uni where i paid council tax!

Oh come on Westside, bite a bit harder!
  • Options
    Is a bike a motor vehicle then? ;o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Is a bike a motor vehicle then? ;o)
    Rothko, you're a c*nt, Rothko Rothko you're a c*nt.

;-)
  • Options
    Unreakl

Glad im at a wedding

Thuinking about it

Im not
  • Options
    I think "Road Fund Licence" is what we're looking for! :o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Is a bike a motor vehicle then? ;o)
    Rothko, you're a c*nt, Rothko Rothko you're a c*nt.

;-)

Fishing-1-tight%20crop.jpg

Look! We've caught a Glenn!
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    [cite]Posted By: F-Blocker[/cite]I think "Road Fund Licence" is what we're looking for! :o)

vehicle excise duty actually, but then WSS knew that, didn't he, the smelly so and so that he is
  • Options
    that looks like Charlton Dan's dad!