Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Mourinho leaves Chelski (?)

2»

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Isralite! LOL What book have you been reading?
    i couldnt work out how to spell Isralie, Isralei, Israly etc
  • Options
    I will miss Mourinho. Can't stand the guy but its important to have people like that in the game. Quite simply, he was a character who generated opinions.

Above all, he is a fantastic manager who raised the bar in this country. Lots of clubs have thrown money at it over the years, but still had no success. He took Chelsea to the next level, and in turn raised the standards at Man U and everyone else in the Premiership.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]I will miss Mourinho. Can't stand the guy but its important to have people like that in the game. Quite simply, he was a character who generated opinions.

Above all, he is a fantastic manager who raised the bar in this country. Lots of clubs have thrown money at it over the years, but still had no success. He took Chelsea to the next level, and in turn raised the standards at Man U and everyone else in the Premiership.

Spot on AFKA.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]they won the league last year didnt they Rothers? ;-)

They did, with AC having a load of points deducted and Juve in the Second divison

Even if you factor in the points deduction at AC Milan Inter would still have won the league. Whether they would have won it if Juventus hadn't been relegated is a moot point, but Juventus (and AC Milan) bribed their way to a few trophies, maybe if they hadn't Inter would have won in one of those seasons? Or more likely Inter never got caught bibing anyone...
  • Options
    Bear in mind Charlton's record against Chelsea before Mourinho and when Mourinho was managing the club. Didn't we get back-back doubles off them? And the 4-2 win on Boxing Day was before Mourinho, after he arrived at the club how many points did we win in three seasons? Barely a couple.

He turned Chelsea from being chronic under-achievers to over-achievers in a very short period. OK it was based on splashing money about, but Bates tried that too and it failed then.
  • Options
    Like him or not the man is a winner.
  • Options
    Strongly rumoured to be taking up a position with the Portugese FA
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]Strongly rumoured to be taking up a position with the Portugese FA

Which would leave Felipe Scolari out of a job...
  • Options
    I think Uncle Les is the man for the berth
  • Options
    apparently asking for £25m compo according to BBC
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Aren't Millwall (remember - that team down the road we used to play years ago) looking for a new manager?

Even "the special one" couldnt do much there!!
  • Options
    anyone else see the similarities between mourinhos departure and dowies.....
    director/assistant of football forced upon the manager
    chairman doesn't like the way the manager goes about his business
    maybe a few sly words behind the scenes from assistant to chairmen (i'm only guessing/ speculating)
    and hey presto i've got your job!!
    let's hope the results achieved by chelsea are the same as mr reeds for us!
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]anyone else see the similarities between mourinhos departure and dowies.....

Thankfully, that's where the similarities between the clubs end.

I was getting sick to the back teeth of the radio coverage of this until it was reported that there is to be a protest outside Stamford Bridge tonight...oh how we laughed!!!!
  • Options
    no we didn't beat them according to Mourihnio - priceless..
  • Options
    Couldnt stand his arrogance and lack of respect when we beat them in the cup, and i dont think hes the manager both he himself, and the media make him out to be, certainly not near the standard of Ferguson and Wenger yet in my eyes.
  • Options
    I hope someone gives all these Chelsea fans directions to Stamford Bridge. They'll all be somewhere around Sloane Square asking how to get to Chelsea tube station...