Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

This Morinho business

edited September 2007 in General Charlton
This is excellent news!!
The glory boys are stuffed now. They had 11,000 empty seats for the Chumps league on tuesday. I spoke to a Cheski 'fan' at work he reckoned that there was empty seats 'cos people had home and away games coming up and also who wants to see Rosenberg. I pointed out that you must have 11,000 fans that cant get to see their team so they should have taken advantage of the price reduction and gone to the Bridge. One further point, I dont know about you lot but when I see Charlton play I couldnt care less who the opposition is, I go to see MY team!!

Comments

• Options
    i'm with you on going to see charlton but there was 8k against stockport and 21k against norwich so the majority are concerned about the quality of opposition
  • Options
    Spot on mate you come to back your team not to see the oppo and how many famous faces that are in the team
  • Options
    Charlton in a champions league game? I'd be there no matter who we were playing.
  • Options
    chelsea fans are complacent... 20 years ago we sent them down via their play-off defeat against boro and now look where both clubs are
  • Options
    Mourinho has been a brilliant manager - you don't win the UEFA Cup, Champion's Leafue, the EPL, FA Cup etc without some ability. But I wonder what Abramovich has been up to - buying in players that Mourinho didn't want (Ballack, Shevchenko) and appointing a whole raft of advisors, sporting directors and the like who owed their loyalty to him rather than the manager. Chelsea is a football club not a business, but the principle is the same, you don't undermine your best staff.

If Chelsea fade away from here it'll just mean that Man U, Arsenal and Liverpool will be back to being dominant again. Not much otherwise will change and in any case the whole Premiership is based around farggle rock economics, that's why our directors want out. They know that if they get promoted they don't have the pockets to compete with these clubs.
  • Options
    Lumpard may not now sign a new contract take him out of the team & you lose 20+ goals from Midfield. Cannot see them challenging now after this.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Lumpard may not now sign a new contract take him out of the team & you lose 20+ goals from Midfield. Cannot see them challenging now after this.

They have Michael Ballack to return from injury soon. Chelsea may lose Lampard and 20 odd goals, but they'll gain Ballack and 20 odd goals a season.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]i'm with you on going to see charlton but there was 8k against stockport and 21k against norwich so the majority are concerned about the quality of opposition[/quote]

Think that had more to do with the competition than the opposition. I had plans that night and so didn't go to the game, had it been a league or FA Cup game I would have cancelled my plans and gone whoever we were playing. I just find the Carling Cup (is it still called that?!) a complete and utter waste of time.
  • Options
    Bloody hilarious. Poor old Roman is throwing his toys out of the pram because Mourinho won't do things HIS way. Well, IMHO this is the beginning of the end of the Chelsea era because there can only be one boss at a club and Roman has just signalled that HE is the guvnor. I bet the Rijkaard's and Klinsmann's are just queuing up to take the job now.
  • Options
    If I were Daniel Levy (Spurs Chairman) I'd move mountains to get him...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Charlton Dan[/cite]If I were Daniel Levy (Spurs Chairman) I'd move mountains to get him...
    If i were Daniel Levy (Spurs Chairman) i'd withdraw all funding, sell all the players and get the muggy sods relegated
  • Options
    it was infact nearly 18,000 empty seats! :o)
  • Options
    How many noticed that he sacked him before Man Utd on Sunday,it would be impossible to sack him if they had won away at United.
  • Options
    Still my favorite Mourhino attack

"Wenger has a real problem with us and I think he is what you call in England a voyeur. He is someone who likes to watch other people. There are some guys who, when they are at home, have this big telescope to look into the homes of other people and see what is happening. Wenger must be one of them - and it is a sickness."
    Astonishing attack on Arsene Wenger.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Charlton Dan[/cite]If I were Daniel Levy (Spurs Chairman) I'd move mountains to get him...
    If i were Daniel Levy (Spurs Chairman) i'd withdraw all funding, sell all the players and get the muggy sods relegated

No way mate! Who would be around to give us silly money for Bent and Murphy and let us have Perry for £100k?
  • Options
    in his interview the other night he was going on about shopping from waitrose! it was hilarious!
  • Options
    "The style of how we play is very important. But it is omelettes and eggs. No eggs - no omelettes! It depends on the quality of the eggs. In the supermarket you have class one, two or class three eggs and some are more expensive than others and some give you better omelettes. So when the class one eggs are in Waitrose and you cannot go there, you have a problem."
    What turned out to be his parting shot to Roman Abramovich.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]in his interview the other night he was going on about shopping from waitrose! it was hilarious!

A not so veiled dig a Roman about his transfer budget!!