Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

striker dilemma Varney vs Izale

edited September 2007 in General Charlton
simple answer is play one of them as winger, put reid in the middle and drop Samedo or ZZ my preference being the former. Reid has done it for Ireland, ZZ has proved he can do that role IMHO.

:)

Comments

• Options
    You having another dig at Samedo?

Varney and Big Chris again, same in midfield
  • Options
    I did say either old fruit..
  • Options
    Play them all
  • Options
    I wouldn't change a winning team, especially one that played so well on Tuesday night
  • Options
    played so well, or dominated game but was toothless?
  • Options
    Don't forget Toddy!

It's a nice problem for Pards to find the best combination.

I think because of his physical attributes Big Chris has to play. He has also been playing well.
  • Options
    I dunno, having 2 clear cut pens that weren't given, hitting the bar twice, numeours shots on goal.

We won, we played well, sometimes you go 85 minutes without the rewards, and then you nick it, Chelsea, Arsenal and Man U are prime examples of that
  • Options
    toddy on the bench for me.

I think we are too cautious and with Reid on the wing, not exploiting the pace we have in the team. Plus the defence is ropey cause we keep conceding possesion.

We had a fair few chances, but it was painful to watch I thought, like pulling teeth.... and Norwich were crap, sure relegation candidates.
  • Options
    how many saves did their keeper make?
  • Options
    I'd keep the same team. I think there could be a case for bringing on Izale earlier if we are drawing.

I'd have Izale, Moo2, Racon and Tody on the bench.

I wouldn't have Sodje on the bench. If one of the centre backs is injured, bring on Moo2 ad move Danny Mills into the centre.

I suspect Pards may well opt for Ambrose though instead of Racon.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sorry, the perfomance was painful to watch? hmmm do think you have a downer on Pardew.

As for the keeper making saves, well we had 21 shots on goal, of which 11 were on target, so make of that what you will
  • Options
    yeah I do a bit, I think he's a bit too cautious for the attacking talent we have, and a bit concerned about one or two of his purchases, like for Ambrose, etc
  • Options
    Considering Pards didn't buy Ambrose, I'm going to leave you too it
  • Options
    as the cautious stuff, I call bollocks on that, a team with Reid, Sam, ZZ, Varney, Iwelumo is not defensive, when you add Moutakil in, it's even more attacking.
  • Options
    Sorry I meant his liking for Ambrose..

Purchases examples being McArthy (altho perhaps its too early to judge), and Bougherra, 2.5 mil for someone completely untested in the Prem when we needed a decent player, bit odd..

Also why didnt we go for a league striker in the transfer window, how come they were all suddenly available in the summer?
  • Options
    playing a slower player on the wing no matter how skilled is cautious IMHO.. at this level anyway.
  • Options
    Not every manager will get every purchase right.

Cause the market in the winter window is different to the one in the summer, prices are higher, contracts are different, so it's harder to get people in, all club sufferer with it, look how much West Ham had to spend, or the way Chelsea rarely do business in that window.

Who should we have signed then?
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]playing a slower player on the wing no matter how skilled is cautious IMHO.. at this level anyway.

I don't think Reid really plays as a winger, and the idea that you need raw pace to play wide is just bollocks, no point having pace if you can't deliver a ball
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Ah well agree to disagree. I just think he could be more adventurous with these players at this level of opposition.

As for players he could've have signed, Chris Iwelumo, Luke Varney, Izale McLeod, Todorov?? instead of blowing 2.5million on bougherra? It's almost like we were resigned to going down..
  • Options
    Iwelumo and Todorow were under contract so would have attracted a fee, Varney and McLeod would have cost more and others were sniffing at the time, and I don't think either would have been helped by coming to a struggling Premiership side.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]I call bollocks on that

1158675281137_1.jpg
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Sco[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]I call bollocks on that

1158675281137_1.jpg

ha de har zzzzzzzzz
  • Options
    ;0)
  • Options
    I'm going to sit on the naughty step now Sco, cause I'm so bad!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]cause I'm so bad!
  • Options
    I'm too old for Jacko, he prefers em under 11
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]I dunno, having 2 clear cut pens that weren't given, hitting the bar twice, numeours shots on goal.

We won, we played well, sometimes you go 85 minutes without the rewards, and then you nick it, Chelsea, Arsenal and Man U are prime examples of that

Spot on fella

We are going to get games where teams are going to come for a point more often than not. Grant said as much when he said "not many teams are going to come here and win" that says it all for me.

So we plugged and plugged away and got our JUST rewards.
  • Options
    I am gonna jump in on this Thread in support of Bougherra. Firstly we were competing with Everton to sign him last season hardly a small club. Secondly the boy is truly gifted (All the training staff at Club think he is the most talented defender they have ever worked with) except the training staff are trying to get him to play safety first & not dribble the ball out of defence every chance he gets, which is something he obviously does quite a bit. When he becomes settled with what is expected of him & playing with the players around him I think you'll find we have a Premier League Centre half on our hands.
  • Options
    Twas only a joke, Rothers. Blimey.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Sco[/cite]Twas only a joke, Rothers. Blimey.

And I was being sarky back, bilmey ;o)