Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Following on from the end of the Line topic..........

1st post here - hello to all.

Not a train story now but has anyone ever fallen asleep waiting for a flight and missed it??
After England v Paraguay in Germany last summer me and my mate had a flight booked back the next morning at 6ish from Frankfurt. After an all day and night session after the game we got back to the airport about 4pm, checked in and went straight to the boaring area and found a couple of comfy seats fairly near the check in desk and not surprisingly must of nodded off! I woke up at 5.58 looked at my watch and nearly died on the spot, woke my mate up and we legged it the short distance to the desk to ask if we had missed it, only to be told by the steward, that's your plane, as he pointed out the window to it taxying down the runway!!! That was a low feeling I tell you but it got a whole lot lower when we went back to the desks to find there was not another flight for about 8hours and I would have to pay over £300 for the privalege as the only availiable seat was a first class one!!My mate had to wait another few hours extra to get the next avalibale seat. I went first as I needed to be back for an accountancy exam the follwing morning!! Boy did I feel crap in that exam and what a picture i must have looked in first class on the flight! Stinking, covered in all sorts of stains etc!! Not a nice experience but we laugh about it now and alarms were set for any future England away games!!!

One question though - Why did no f****r wake us up???!!!! Must have been obvious when they were doing the last calls for two passengers etc that it just might have been us!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    lol
    had you checked bags in tho as they wouldnt take off with your bags on board?
  • Options
    No, We only had hand luggage as it was a relatively quick in and out trip!! To be fair it's the type of cock up you could only make when doing that sort of trip abroad that involves a lot of drinking, no sleep and a v.early flight!!
  • Options
    Welcome Organiser. Sounds like you weren't very organised at all! ;-)
  • Options
    It was a one off - honest!!! ALthough I did once leave our group of 6's tickets on the train at Leeds station on one trip to Elland rd!! They were rescued - just!!!
  • Options
    Welcome.

I was flying back on my jack from Gran Canaria once, 2am flight, and this couple from my hotel recognised me sound asleep across the chairs as they were boarding. Said it took them about 5 mins to wake me up and they started to worry i was inconcious.

Will always be grateful to them as the next London flight wasn't for three days.
  • Options
    Went to Ibiza in the 80's and got nicked (drunk & disorderly) on our last night. Missed the coach to the airport and had no money as the old bill had taken it all.

Luckily a coach from the airport turned up and managed to get our one to turn round and pick us up.

Made the flight with minutes to spare (the rest of the coach weren't very happy!)
  • Options
    the thing is, you look like butter wouldnt melt in your mouth
  • Options
    "the thing is, you look like butter wouldnt melt in your mouth"

Really??!!