Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Pards on Chris Powell

edited September 2007 in General Charlton
In Pards post match press comments on the OS:

"Our priority is promotion so I need to protect this team,” explained the gaffer. "Chris Powell, for example, has played three games in a week - and he wastes extra energy milking all the applause that he gets - so he won't play on Tuesday."

Made me laugh!

Comments

• pards will want to have chris available for the season will rest him for certain games
  • There does seem to be a good spirit about the place as exemplified by that banter from Pards.

Anybody else notice Varney run across to the bench to shake Toddy's hand after scoring? Arguably they are playing for the same place.

Good to see them all pulling together.
  • I saw him run across the pitch and shake somebodies hand Len, - my eyes aren't so sharp. Didn't realise it was Toddy.
  • its all going well,lets get a much needed cup run,cant rember being alive to see one.
  • [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]There does seem to be a good spirit about the place as exemplified by that banter from Pards.

Anybody else notice Varney run across to the bench to shake Toddy's hand after scoring? Arguably they are playing for the same place.

Good to see them all pulling together.

Looked more like he was heading for Pardew to me. I noticed he didn't thank big Chris for winning the header that led to his chance, which I thought was a bit off. Otherwise he looked excellent.