Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Poxy Arsenal

edited September 2007 in General Charlton
How does Wenger do it?

I thought they might struggle to maintain a top four place this season, but I've just seen them tear an admittedly poor Derby apart - their football sometimes was on a different planet. Fabregas is an absolute gem of a player - at least that's one bright spot for me, I can see him and Xavi running Spain's midfield for years to come and Adebayor's first and third goals waere just superb.

Much as their plastic arsweipe fans grate, I have to admit that I'd rather watch them turn a crap side over than Chelsea and ManYoo bore each other to death any day of the week.

Comments

• I've got money on them to win the league, worth a punt, freed of Henry they look the team to catch, Adebayor looks a different player
  • Heard from a Gooner tonight that they should have scored at least 10!
  • most Arsenal fans I know seem to think they deserve a 10 goal head start in every game just for turning up...
  • saw them all on a catford bound train,saddos the lot of em
  • Had a £50 with a mate that they wouldn't make top 4 this season. Doh!
    I reckon this year top 4 ends up
    Arse
    Man U
    Livpool
    Not Chelsea
  • Diaby - poor man's Jose Semedo/Therry Racon
    Walcott - poor man's Lloyd Sam
    Adebayor - poor man's Chris Iwelumo
    Clichy - poor man's Moo2
    Toure - poor man's Bougherra
    Wenger - poor man's Pardew

Fabregas might get on our bench though, but only because Holland isn't 100% fit yet.
  • [cite]Posted By: trickyrickycafc[/cite]Diaby - poor man's Jose Semedo/Therry Racon
    Walcott - poor man's Lloyd Sam
    Adebayor - poor man's Chris Iwelumo
    Clichy - poor man's Moo2
    Toure - poor man's Bougherra
    Wenger - poor man's Pardew

Fabregas might get on our bench though, but only because Holland isn't 100% fit yet.

Nick Hornby - Poor mans Jim Davidson
  • [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]How does Wenger do it?

I was saying the same thing earlier to my wife. You've got to hand it to him. Henry looked average for Barca against Lyon in the week and meanwhile Addywhateverhisnameis looks supreme (from what I've seen on my MOTD downloads).
  • Arsene Wenger is a one off. I have nothing but respect for his achievments if only he had a bit more humility, mind you he has more than Jose!
  • Wenger is a genius and if I was a Russian Billionaire, I'd want to buy Arsenal just to get him working for me.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: jimmymelrose[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]How does Wenger do it?

I was saying the same thing earlier to my wife. You've got to hand it to him. Henry looked average for Barca against Lyon in the week and meanwhile Addywhateverhisnameis looks supreme (from what I've seen on my MOTD downloads).

Jimmy is that UK nova , i use that, when is it ready for downlaod???//
  • it wasn't on UKNova just now - normally arrives early Sunday morning UK time
  • Arsenal are the side I love to watch probably my second team if I have one at all. Great Stylish football & if any team deserves to win it for the way they play the game then it is them. Plus they are young, they'll be awesome over the next few seasons.