Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Counting Our Attendance

edited September 2007 in General Charlton
Does the club simply add the number of tickets sold to home and away to a constant number of season tickets (16k or whatever it is) that have been sold or actually count all the stubs on the day?
In other words is a season ticket holder used in the official attendance whether he is at the match or not?

Comments

• Options
    I don't know but personally I feel that any talk of extending the capacity should only begin when we can fill it in this Division Two.
  • Options
    A ST holder is counted as part of the crowd even if they're not present as that ticket/seat has already been sold - it can't be sold again.
  • Options
    I believe it's on tickets sold. We've hit the magic 27,111 a few times but surely not everybody has made it to the match. There must've been a few that couldn't attend.

Also, what's the point of paying people to count all the stubs to get an accurate figure?
  • Options
    Was there any reason why Leicester only took the lower part of the Jimmy Seed, and not the upper?
  • Options
    They obviously thought (quite rightly) they couldn't sell it.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: aliwibble[/cite]Was there any reason why Leicester only took the lower part of the Jimmy Seed, and not the upper?

Because they had planned to invade the pitch again.
  • Options
    good crowds so far,one of the best supported.
  • Options
    It has to be season tickets plus sales. I remember last year we had a "capacity" crowd but many empty seats
  • Options
    Good marketing though, weve always done it.
  • Options
    I don't think 21918 is that good, tickets are only £20, I thought we would be getting a slightly bigger crowd.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Leicester could have had the whole stand if enough people had turned up on the day.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Friend_Or_Defoe[/cite]I don't think 21918 is that good, tickets are only £20, I thought we would be getting a slightly bigger crowd.

Bear in mind that in this division we can expect fewer fans from visiting clubs.
  • Options
    I thought they only had 1,000 unsold tickets?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Friend_Or_Defoe[/cite]I don't think 21918 is that good, tickets are only £20, I thought we would be getting a slightly bigger crowd.

I don't think we're doing too badly.
    Hope this puts things in context...

Yesterday's attendances - (capacity in brackets)

22,564 - Wolves v Norwich (28,525)
    21,918 - Charlton v Leicester (27,111)
    21,518 - Sheff Weds v Barnsley (39,814)
    19,151 - Southampton v Barnsley (32,689)
    18,840 - Ipswich v Coventry, 1715 ko (30,311)
    14,240 - QPR v Watford (19,148)
    14,131 - Crystal Palace v Sheff Utd (26,309)
    14,079 - Bristol City v Burnley (21,497)
    12,533 - Stoke v Plymouth (28,383)
    11,772 - Cardiff v Preston, 1245 ko (22,008)
    8,307 - Scunthorpe v West Brom (9,183)
    7,959 - Blackpool v Colchester (9,612)

...and Reading (24,000 capacity) had 21,379 for their oh-so-exciting Biggest League In The World fixture with Wigan.