Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jerome Thomas

edited September 2007 in General Charlton
So what did Pards say then about Jerry?

Comments

• Pards talked about him in the press conference - the audio is on the OS
    Couldn't quite make out exactly what the question was, but he said Thomas not being selected was nothing to do with "off-field activities" and basically all to do with attitude.
  • I was away the other week and missed the news but on my return a mate said Thomas had been arrested after a fracas in a 'restaurant'. This true ? However, I can believe that he has a bad attitude and thinks he's bigger than his boots.
  • [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]I was away the other week and missed the news but on my return a mate said Thomas had been arrested after a fracas in a 'restaurant'. This true ? However, I can believe that he has a bad attitude and thinks he's bigger than his boots.

Just look at his record. Sluming it somewhere deep within Arsenal's reserves. Overweight/unfit when he came. Curbs got him on track but too many "injuries" and too many average performances. When Pards took over he challenged him to get fit and then we saw glimpses of his best but too often he came up short. Pards has played him again this season but again he has given iffy performances. He's got a chip on his shoulder the size of a 25kg potato sack. I'm sorry I love his skills but why should we have to put up with him only playing when he feels like it. Give me Lloyd Sam with his commitment any day of the weak. Sam walked off the pitch on Tuesday and yesterday completely knackered having given his all. When has Thomas ever put in a performance like that for the whole game?
  • To be fair I was defending Jerome in pre season saying I felt he was class and we'd need him etc. when others we're calling to cash in but i'm beginning to re think my stance on him. What he does off the pitch etc. is up to him and if he wants to act like an idiot so be it as long as he performs in the red shirt, but his performance have been second rate for me this season and he's quite rightly been left out. Maybe I wouldn't be thinkin this way if Sam hadn't performed the way he has, but football is all about taking your chances when you get them and Sam's certainly done that in my eyes.
  • Jerome seems to be another David White, loads of skill but crap attitude.
    Seems Pards likes a Team not us un thems, look how Reidy has taken up the captains arm band hes no billy big b*llocks.
    Jerome is sulking...............?
  • Two weeks ago Thomas was arrested for allegedly elbowing a girl in the face after a night out in Bournemouth and Pardew has not been impressed by the player's attitude since. "He needs to learn quickly that discipline at this club – how we work, how we lose, how we congratulate each other when we win – there's a certain etiquette," said Pardew. "Getting promoted is not just about good players and spending money. It's about character."
  • Seems to me that JT is a horrible little sod but as long as he does the business for the team in traning and on a match day I couldnt give a monkeys.

But he just hasnt done it this season.

I wouldnt have him in the team anyway, Reid is a better bet.
  • http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/2007/09/24/pardew-s-iron-brew-dividend-89520-19837305/
  • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtml?xml=/sport/2007/09/24/sfgcha124.xml
  • Wasn't he part of the Arsenal Youth side that included Pennant and Boothroyd, another couple of players with questionable attitudes. Like to know who else was on that team?
  • Sponsored links:

• looks like he's got or is getting the bad egg label, better off get rid methinks
  • Saw him driving up to the ground on Saturday in his £100k+ car.

It does rankle when you see a fella who doesn't even make the bench for a team like us (i.e. second tier, not one of the big boys) turning up in a motor like that, particularly when you then hear about his poor attitude, lack of effort etc.

Oh yeah, and then you pay to get into the ground and get stung £2 for a bottle of drink that you can't even be trusted to have with it's lid on!
  • edited September 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]Oh yeah, and then you pay to get into the ground and get stung £2 for a bottle of drink that you can't even be trusted to have with it's lid on!
    The club have listened to these complaints .. from now on fans will have the option of a bottle of water with no lid, or a lid of water with no bottle.

Can't say fairer thalkffancat.
  • [cite]Posted By: Southendaddick[/cite]Seems to me that JT is a horrible little sod but as long as he does the business for the team in traning and on a match day I couldnt give a monkeys.

But he just hasnt done it this season.

I wouldnt have him in the team anyway, Reid is a better bet.

I'd disagree with that last part. Reid isn't a winger, I'd say that Thomas offers more in that position, assuming he sorts his attitude out.

• "Nightlife luminary and legendary ladies' man Marcus Bent" - LOL!!!
  • If JT had moved to derby as rumoured before the season, I'd have been left a bit discouraged about the squad. But Lloyd Sam has been brilliant. He's got the ability to go past people like they're not even there, and if I could put a bet on that at some point he's going to score a goal where he goes past about 3 people, I'd do it! Teams have changed their shape to cope with him. And I think there's a lot more to come. We have Ambrose and that Christensen fella too. Also, Pardew seems content to play Reid on the wing and it's working alright so far. I reckon we can do without him. If he doesn't sort his attitude out, cash-in I say.
  • I'm pretty sure i saw him eating in nandos greenwich on saturday at about 12.15.
  • I trust Pards. If he sorts Thomas out and gets him playing consistantly at the top of his game then nobody would be happier than me. Until then I am pleased that Pards has frozen him out and given Sam the chance he deserves.
  • not sure how Sam keeps fitting into this. One plays on the left, the other on the right....
  • Frankie Valley got it about right....

Jerome Thomas = Preening Tosser !
  • Sponsored links:

• On his day and not overweight/injured, he is brilliant, but sadly those days have got less and less frequent over time. Sam is showing encouraging signs of fufilling his potential and theres still Christensen knocking about in the background.I'll still remember that goal against the Yids fondly though.
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]not sure how Sam keeps fitting into this. One plays on the left, the other on the right....

Thomas can play both and I suspect so can Sam.
  • Should be given 1 more chance,if he doesn't take it we can loan him to Bournemouth.
  • Pardew still not sure about winger's attitude :
    http://www.kentonline.co.uk/charlton/article.asp?article_id=34914&startrecord=2