Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Luton tickets

600 out of 1500 sold up to now.

Do people think they'll be available on the night?

Can't get down to the Valley but tempted to go tomorrow anyway

Comments

• they're not available on the night as far as i know - i was in the same boat as you, decide at work tomorrow.
  • Thats a shocking turnout, not many easier games than Luton outside of London.

People saving their pennies for Coventry?
  • [cite]Posted By: Southendaddick[/cite]

People saving their pennies for Coventry?

i would of thought a combo of that, and of the fact £21 is a lot for this stage of this cup at that ground.
  • They're £21.50, not expected to be available on the night. I'm buying mine today.

Quite excited. I love midweek away games, and its simple to get to/from :-)
  • will get ours 2day
  • i would HAVE thought a few more than that but yes too many games all at once.

sausage what time you finish work... boss away and all that!
  • erm....not sure, hopefully dead on 5 if not slightly before. should be able to get the 5.20 train to london bridge.
  • I want to go but won't know until about 5.30 today whether i can definately make it.

Is it definate we can't buy on the door, and if so what time can tickets be picked up if i can get to the valley in the morning??
  • i cannot believe this can't buy on the door policy. I can understand them saying it in advance to coax people with parting with cash, but cannot in anyway see you turning up on their doorstep with £21.50 in your hand, and them turning it away.

No way whatsoever.
  • Possibly it's to stop away home fans in th eaway area, if they expect to sell out the home end?

Dunno if they expect this though??
  • Sponsored links:

• I think they only said no buying on the night cos they thought we would sell at least 1500 and didnt want a load of disgruntled punters.

I would have thought they will relax that now as I cant see 1200 turning up without a ticket on the night.

You should also be able to buy one over the phone from Charlton and pick it up at Luton if common sense prevails.
  • edited September 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Southendaddick[/cite]I think they only said no buying on the night cos they thought we would sell at least 1500 and didnt want a load of disgruntled punters.

I would have thought they will relax that now as I cant see 1200 turning up without a ticket on the night.

You should also be able to buy one over the phone from Charlton and pick it up at Luton if common sense prevails.

Can't see the latter happening, but I'd agree that Luton are likely to sell on the night when it comes to it. It's a clueless ticket policy all round - how many different prices are there? What's the point of having an odd 50p? In addition, they charge their own fans £2 extra to pay on the night.

But it's partly Charlton's fault because they should have objected to £21.50 in the first place.
  • [cite]Posted By: Airman Brown[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Southendaddick[/cite].

But it's partly Charlton's fault because they should have objected to £21.50 in the first place.

Agreed.
  • must admit £21.50 for luton is well over the top for that dump
  • would love to go but not at £21.50 that has stopped me a 7 others going

Way to expensive for a 3rd round cup game
  • Charlton as always objected to the Overpricing of this fixture, but as ever the lower league club tend to get their way.
  • I'm sure I saw somewhere that the reason they wouldn't be available on the night was for safety reasons, to prevent home fans getting in the away end.
  • ok- straw poll time.

If i can't get a ticket prior to the time they are sent back-

Do i chance my luck and just turn up??
  • Sorry, Ketman, but on this occasion they didn't object. I'll put my inside information up against yours!
  • I called luton, at the moment its all tickets, there is a police meeting in the morning to decide if away tickets can be sold on the night! Ill call again tomorrow!
  • Sponsored links:

• Cheers Stu!!!!!
  • [cite]Posted By: Airman Brown[/cite]Sorry, Ketman, but on this occasion they didn't object. I'll put my inside information up against yours!

I haven't actually checked this as yet but I know they always contest it every home game we get, I assumed they did for this as well, perhaps not but will ask later.
  • [cite]Posted By: Stu of SE7[/cite]I called luton, at the moment its all tickets, there is a police meeting in the morning to decide if away tickets can be sold on the night! Ill call again tomorrow!

When you phone back would you also ask them if they keep their bottle tops on when purchasing a bottle of water - thanks Stu.
  • [cite]Posted By: Stu of SE7[/cite]I called luton, at the moment its all tickets, there is a police meeting in the morning to decide if away tickets can be sold on the night! Ill call again tomorrow!

Charlton are only selling tickets until close of business today. So tomorrow may be too late.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Valley_McMoist[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Stu of SE7[/cite]I called luton, at the moment its all tickets, there is a police meeting in the morning to decide if away tickets can be sold on the night! Ill call again tomorrow![/quote]

Charlton are only selling tickets until close of business today. So tomorrow may be too late.[/quote]

not if they're selling them on the night - we'll just be able to buy one on the gate
  • I thought 600 wasn't too bad!
  • Any news on whether they're available on the door tonight?
  • Bump - apparently so.