Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Flag thanks

2»

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]With smoking no longer allowed in grounds the major risk to this sort of flag has gone in any case.

Unless it gets onto the concourse..........
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge Knows[/cite]lol - i was watching you frantically waving at the muppets in the East. How hard was it for them to pull the bloody thing up.

Good effort though lads.
    We were trying, it's just that it was going across so damn fast that unless you were on the rows at the top end of the flag, you only had one chance to try hoiking it upwards before you were underneath it .
  • Options
    I sit in the East but it never comes up anywhere high enough to where I sit (row z)
  • Options
    got to say from upper north whenever it goes it east stand it always goes tits up
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]got to say from upper north whenever it goes it east stand it always goes tits up

I think I'm going to have to send people up into the east stand, the problem isn't at the bottom, it's at the top
  • Options
    I'll volunteer for that gig. Someone's got to do it and I sit in that stand anyway.
  • Options
    i'd also suggest varying occasionally where it starts and ends, and the direction it goes, as i know of a few who are getting the hump that it always ends on top of them, meaning they miss when the players run out and a bit of the build up.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]got to say from upper north whenever it goes it east stand it always goes tits up

Give them a break Steve....It must be difficult to keep hold of a 15x15 flag whilst pouring tomato soup from a thermos and keeping the tartan car rug from slipping off your knees ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]i'd also suggest varying occasionally where it starts and ends, and the direction it goes, as i know of a few who are getting the hump that it always ends on top of them, meaning they miss when the players run out and a bit of the build up.

If that was an option I would consider it, but it ain't
  • Options
    then if it has to end towards the end of the East, how about alternating the timing so that it doesn't always end in the middle to south bit as the teams are coming out ?

Where it gets stalled, and trying to organise it being brought down, those at the front were under it for about 90 seconds - 2 minutes on Saturday. It doesn't sound much, but that's quite a long time to be under heavy plastic that apparently doesn't smell too great, particularly if you want to see what's going on.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]then if it has to end towards the end of the East, how about alternating the timing so that it doesn't always end in the middle to south bit as the teams are coming out ?

Where it gets stalled, and trying to organise it being brought down, those at the front were under it for about 90 seconds - 2 minutes on Saturday. It doesn't sound much, but that's quite a long time to be under heavy plastic that apparently doesn't smell too great, particularly if you want to see what's going on.

No way where people under it for that long on Saturday, it moved quickly, probably about 4 minutes from the North West to the South East, the problem was that it didn't move as far back into the east stand on Saturday as it usually does, and so it got a bit scewed.

I want it to be overhead as the players run out, as I think it adds more then it takes away, also the problem is, that if you do it too early, there aren't enough people to get it moving, too late, and people moan that it's overhead for about 10 seconds as the players run out.
  • Options
    Agree with Sash that putting people at top of the East Stand will help hold it up rather than drop to the bottom, the more people helping the better it becomes. Also enjoyed Saturday's trip round the ground because i reckon i saw Paddy Powell's daughter, he'd be whinging at me for more than being on his pitch then!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Charlton Dan[/cite]

Give them a break Steve....It must be difficult to keep hold of a 15x15 flag whilst pouring tomato soup from a thermos and keeping the tartan car rug from slipping off your knees ;-)

LOL DAN is that after they've passed around the werthers originals.
  • Options
    Steve,

you, Sharon + Phil, Matty etc are doing the flag in a few weeks so come back and tell us how easy it is after that. I will bring my spirit level to check you've got it straight.