Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Good piece about Andy Hunt from The Wharf

Comments

• Options
    worth having a city addicks in december and asking if he could make it?
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Is he really 37?!?! Jeez

Ben - Can you get in touch and get him onto the pitch before on the the big games? Singing his song would really start the atmosphere off with a bang!!
  • Options
    He still thinks we get 27,000 crowds, though - will be in for a shock!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]worth having a city addicks in december and asking if he could make it?
    Might have more joy with him in Greenwich?
  • Options
    funny how even though he played for Newcastle and West Brom who would get bigger crowds (ok maybe not west brom all the time) he prefers us.

We, us fans, must have made a good impression on him - as he still says "us" and "we"
  • Options
    I think he played in front of bigger crowds with us rather than West Brom or Newcastle. He was at Newcastle during the days of when they only got 14,000 fans a week. Pre Keegan days.

Such a shame that his career ended whilst he was in his prime. Good player and good professional on and off the pitch. Jerome Thomas take note.
  • Options
    suprised he likes us considering he got nowhere in the POTY when he had top scored with 24 in our Championship winning season. Was on our table and put a brave face on but was gutted. MUST get him to City Addicks, top man.
  • Options
    superb striker for us not only the goals he scored also the ones he made his workrate was immense
  • Options
    I can never forget the very last goal he ever scored for us. I think it was a night game against Aston Villa, in front of the covered end. He had an open goal but was obviously already suffering from his illness and he seemed to take an age to get to the ball & propel it slowly over the line. He was substituted almost immediately & I don't think he ever played for us again, as his illness truly struck. An absolute legend.
  • Options
    was against coventry, JJ hit the bar, fell to Hunt who seemed to just flop to the ground to head it home! When i've watched the end of season video it shows Hunt returning to the bench after being subbed and mouthing to Sasa Ilic "I'm f**ked"