Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Llanera on the brink ??

edited September 2007 in General Charlton
Charlton shirt of a sponsor?Sep 25 2007

By Rob Kelly

CHARLTON could be in line for more sponsor problems after it emerged that Spanish property group Llanera are facing bankruptcy.

The Addicks signed a four-and-a-half-year, £6.6million sponsorship deal with the Valencia-based group in December 2005.

But that contract could be under threat amid reports that Llanera are locked in talks with creditors on restructuring £210million of debt.

Previous Charlton sponsors, all:sports, went into administration in September 2005 in the middle of their £3million shirt deal.

Comments

• Options
    it does make you wonder how we choose these companies is it a case of:

Llanera: We'll give you 5 million
    Charlton: Cheers

*hands shook*
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]it does make you wonder how we choose these companies is it a case of:

Llanera: We'll give you 5 million
    Charlton: Cheers

*hands shook*

What no contracts signed? no cancellation clauses?

You work in marketing so you know that's how sponsorship deals are tied up just like any other multi-million £ deal.

I blame Andrew Mills for not predicting the collapse of the Spanish property market.
  • Options
    Don't think its on the brink of bankrupcy yet, but its in a very perilous position. Seriously lacks liquidity, debt totalling £200m it is attempting to renegotiate, they are seeking to offload certain units, and two independent councillors, who have been working and advising with the group since June, have resigned, stating a lack of confidence in the company.

They need something like €150m to cover 2007 and 2008 prokects, and their two main creditors, Bancaja and CAM, aren't giving further finance, so they are looking outside the region. Its trying to raise funds by selling land, floorplans, and properties.

It has also closed its offices in London and Madrid, stopped developments and plans for national and international expansion, and crucially has cancelled all sponsorships.

I think we're unlikely to see a further penny.
  • Options
    Keep up Large ;-)
    http://www.charltonlife.com/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=10908&page=1#Item_7

.... actually WSS deserves some plaudits for alerting us about 6 weeks ago:
    http://www.charltonlife.com/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=9683&page=1#Item_21

... and now Llanera try to calm speculation:
    http://today.reuters.com/news/articleinvesting.aspx?type=etfNews&storyID=2007-09-24T131513Z_01_L24561314_RTRIDST_0_LLANERA-DEBTS.XML
  • Options
    there could be a sweet little opportunity here...in lieu of sponsorship charlton could offer to take a load of llanera's properties off their hands ( at a discounted price of course, after all, the spanish property market is supposedly not what it was) and then, taking a turn, we lease them to greenwich council housing dept (there must be old folks and council tenants that'll fancy living in spain) so they ease the pressure on their housing list....and everybody wins...
  • Options
    Sod Charlton, they'll be fine.

Its the fan that one that free apartment (to be build in 2010) that i feel most sorry for. Don't say this very often, but Off It was right...... :-)

http://www.charltonlife.com/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=5270
  • Options
    tongue in cheek henry - i think we're just unlucky...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]tongue in cheek henry - i think we're just unlucky...

Careful. Remember what happened to the Sheff Wed fans.

*rings Richard Murray with scheme for shuting up internet moaners* ;-)
  • Options
    don't worry Henry - i blame Andrew Mills
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]don't worry Henry - i blame Andrew Mills

Slandering an ex-employee now. It's all going to the lawyers you know.

And as for people who call me a fat ginge, they are going to pay ; - 0
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Basically, Llanera fell behind last week due to a short-term liquidity problem, and failed to make €2m of payments to suppliers and local banks. As a result, main creditors now want to renegotiate outstanding loans, including a €150m debt with Lehmans.

Llanera will continue to have problems long-term however. Most of their assets are land that hasn't been built on yet. Where the Spanish property boom is running out of steam, they will struggle to sell this land on to developers at the level they hoped, particularly as banks are reducing what they lend to real estate developers, and the current global credit squeeze is making it even harder to raise debt.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]
    Most of their assets are land that hasn't been built on yet. Where the Spanish property boom is running out of steam, they will struggle to sell this land on to developers at the level they hoped.

new training ground;-)
  • Options
    Think you'll find Charlton are fully paid up till the end of this season.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Think you'll find Charlton are fully paid up till the end of this season.

And then its goodbye Llanera
    and hello Setanta

That's SIR-TARN-TA, says the annoying bird on the radio adverts.

No love, once we get our grips into you, it will be BANK-RUPT-TA
  • Options
    Did they not open a office over here ?

Feel sorry for the people there
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]Did they not open a office over here ?

Feel sorry for the people there
    take a look at my thread above - it was in maidstone and got shut down.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]That's SIR-TARN-TA, says the annoying bird on the radio adverts.

dood she is hot tho!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Think you'll find Charlton are fully paid up till the end of this season.

Thats good news I guess.
  • Options
    London Irish will also be gagging on their collective Guinness!

Don't worry I've heard Steve Sutherland has lined up Northern Rock as replacements.
  • Options
    & then we'll all have to go & buy new shirts.....................

Henry, nice way for the club to keep getting a bit or revenue out of us ;-)

What would be lovely is if people were allowed to swap the old ones for the new ones.................oh we did that, but only if you bought the old one on a Friday at 2.04pm & never wore it or washed it ;-)

My shirt buying days are well & truly over.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: KBslittlesis[/cite]& then we'll all have to go & buy new shirts.....................

What would be lovely is if people were allowed to swap the old ones for the new ones.................oh we did that, but only if you bought the old one on a Friday at 2.04pm & never wore it or washed it ;-)

My shirt buying days are well & truly over.

There will be two new shirts next season regardless of sponsorship.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: KBslittlesis[/cite]& then we'll all have to go & buy new shirts.....................

My shirt buying days are well & truly over.[/quote]

Hardly the club's fault Ebenezer.. ;-)
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    club statement says "stop moaning AFKA" : - )

http://www.cafc.co.uk/newsview.ink?nid=31320&newstype=n

annoying typo as well.
  • Options
    OOOiiiiiiii Henry.

where have i been moaning ???

All i was doing was informing on what i knew, which was that they were restructing significant debts with Lehmans and other creditors, whilst closing offices, including London.

i've took a big chomp, haven't i ?? :-)
  • Options
    big big chomp. : - )
  • Options
    great typo!