Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

train to brighton

does anyone know if getting train from kings cross thameslink to brighton you have to book a ticket or can you just buy before you travel

cheers

Comments

• Options
    Why don't you just go via London Bridge? Certainly don't have to book there.
  • Options
    could do just that i am going straight after the game sat and the train from coventry comes into Euston so easier to go kings cross.
  • Options
    Well even if you do have to book, I'm sure you can do it while you're there.

But I see no reason why anyone would have to book a train to Brighton...

Although it is the best place in England.
  • Options
    You can buy just before you travel.
  • Options
    cheers curb it.
  • Options
    which reminds me.

4 times i have forked out for a ticket from London Bridge to Gatwick this year. Not one have i had to produce the ticket or go through any barriers etc.

Anyone else found this ?
  • Options
    me neither but i wouldnt chance it as last year i got done!
  • Options
    Why don't you go via Kensington Olympia which appears to be a permitted route for the cheaper NOT LONDON routed tickets?
  • Options
    Thameslinks - usually always no inspectors between Kings Cross and Croydon. You got about a 1 in 3 chance of getting caught from East Croydon to Brighton. About a 1 in 5 chance (much better option) on the Southern Express from Victoria . If you *do* make it, you'll have to then get a train to London Road or Aldrington/Portslade to get out (then get a bus) otherwise they'll do you at the barriers ;-)