Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Opinions on a little story of mine...

2»

Comments

• Options
    theres no diffrence mate,a couple of hours aint gonna get it out of your system,prisons are full of drink drivers,the drill seems to be 3 months after your 3rd time,make that a year for starters
  • Options
    Good point PitL- I've certainly gone into the office late after a heavy night, but i can, some can't.

I wonder what the stats are for accidents in the morning due to drunk driving, and i wonder what people feel about random breath testing????
  • Options
    My mum told me a story about my grandad getting done for drunk in charge of a horse years ago, I am also sure the horse was not his either.

LOL i did once know a bloke who got done for riding a pushbike whilst drunk. apparently the copper nicked him in bexleyheath broadway lying on his side on the deck with the bike still between his legs and still pedalling like stink.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]theres no diffrence mate,a couple of hours aint gonna get it out of your system,prisons are full of drink drivers,the drill seems to be 3 months after your 3rd time,make that a year for starters

Exactly what I'm saying - there's not really any difference only until I really thought about it it didn't hit home. I wouldn't dream of drink driving on a night out and yet still have to really think it through the following day. Luckily I'm usually so hungover if I've been up 'til that kind of time that I can't move off the sofa anyway!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Charlton Dan[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Once you've been formally arrested don't you have to give a blood sample?

Not if you refuse. The OB cant pin you down and stick a needle in you as its a contravention of your Human Rights

Thesedays I thing the OB take your DNA if you're arrested. They retain your details even if no charges are brought
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: PassItToLeaburn[/cite]Have driven on Sunday mornings a few times though when I must have been running it close and not even thought about it until later.

Have done that in my younger years (the morning-after driving), but not since having my children. In all my years of driving, if I have ever gone out in the car (as the driver) I dont even have one drink. Dont care what anyone says, it does affect your judgement.
  • Options
    I don't know why they don't just take away the grey area and simply say that the drink drive limit is zero.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Alex Wright[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Charlton Dan[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Once you've been formally arrested don't you have to give a blood sample?

Not if you refuse. The OB cant pin you down and stick a needle in you as its a contravention of your Human Rights

Thesedays I thing the OB take your DNA if you're arrested. They retain your details even if no charges are brought

They can and did with me before I was charged
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Barn Door Lisbie[/cite]I don't know why they don't just take away the grey area and simply say that the drink drive limit is zero.

My guess is that we would often have some alcohol in our bloodstream maybe naturally produced or from a wine sauce eaten with a meal. It might be measurable even if insignificant.

I agree there is an arguement to make the limit a lot lower. Maybe one pint.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]My guess is that we would often have some alcohol in our bloodstream maybe naturally produced or from a wine sauce eaten with a meal. It might be measurable even if insignificant.

Officer: Why are you swerving all over the road and slurring your speech sir?

Henry Irving: It must have been that lovely lamb with a red wine sauce i had
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]I agree there is an arguement to make the limit a lot lower. Maybe one pint.

That's half the problem... the current limit for me and you might be at 2 pints, but for someone like Ketman it could be one pint. And then 2 pints of what? Local ale at 3% abv or some Belgian lager at 7% abv?

It's too much of a minefield. Should simply be zero alcohol.
  • Options
    Not sure it's a minefield at the mo- there is a limit to the level of Alcohol in your blood stream, over that and you are driving illegally.

Zero alcohol would be more of a minefield, lets say someone has three pints finishing at 6pm in the evening,

They'd still be some alcohol there at 8am next morning and you think he shouldn't be allowed to drive?

Good argument for a much lower limit for people in their first year of driving though.
  • Options
    Isnt it zero limit in Sweden? I wonder how they get on with the above issues?
  • Options
    Can't abide drink drivers - scum of the earth.

I've never driven after drinking even a sip of alcohol. Mind you, I don't drive.
  • Options
    well said that man.
  • Options
    Also the alcohol content in mouthwash and some liquid medications. Might not be enough to affect a blood test, but would affect a breath test.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Charlton Dan[/cite]Isnt it zero limit in Sweden? I wonder how they get on with the above issues?[/quote]

by charging craploads of cash for booze.