Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

ufc

edited September 2007 in Not Sports Related
being a ex boxer should really hate this mma stuff,but it is quite watchable,whats happened to poor chuck liddell?

Comments

• they love UFC over here mate - I'm not a great fan but the boozers are packed and have a good atmosphere on fight nights so it's worth going to. Looking forward to the Hatton fight to be honest.
  • Hubby's into watching this. Used to sit there and watch as a dutiful wife, now actually enjoy myself (?!).

Caught the UK version - Cage Rage - at the w/end, and have to say it was the biggest load of shite i've ever seen, esp the Julius Francis 'fight'
  • UFC is far better than Cage Rage. Chuck Liddell lost his Title to Rampage Jackson a few months back, and then lost to Keith Jardine last Saturday in his come back bout. I've been following the UFC for the last 2 years and went to UFC 75 at Wembley earlier this month......bloody fantastic.

Michael Bisping won the Ultimate Fighter this year, he's English and real quality, the Americans love him bolshy attitude...

www.ufc.com for more info if you want it.

PS - The UK Version - Cage Rage does not even come close.
  • My dad went to the dome the other week the day that england were playing for this ufc lark. he said there were lots of fights and towards the end they were so evenly matched and skilled that it ended up a stale mate in lots of the fights as they were just trying to hold each other but got stuck. My uncle apparently nodded off toward the end. they had been on the booze all day. he did say it was a good night out tho.

I dont' think i could watch it.
  • And people are having a pop about golf?????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Give me strength...

;-)
  • It's all about controlled aggression.

Royce gracie was the best, but they forced him out because his fights were deemed boring.

He'd spend half an hour with someone in an arm bar before deciding to choke them.

Tank Abbot was in Cage Rage and was 10 stone overweight
  • there fitness is not up to much,they gas far to early,regarding british fighters lee murrary would have wiped the floor with most,ruined ortiz in a steet fight a few years ago
  • julius francis was good wasnt he...
  • never saw it,explain how he got beat,and did he do anything to smiler
  • i don't know how to explain it really.

francis was always on the floor and couldnt turn the other guy over because he was fat
  • Sponsored links:

• skelton would love mma
  • Well Julius had definately not done any conditioning, and was doing it for the greenbacks.

He was the European Kickboxing Champion before he became a boxer, but he's in his mid forties now ... so there you go.
  • francis used to box for st peters in woolwich,always fun watching him fight
  • Any of you lot into UFC might be able to help me out.

Came home from work last night and parked outside was a great big state of the art Bentley, with the number plate CAGE U. Big skinhead geezer got in it.

I'm presuming a UFC fighter. Any ideas of anyone local it could of been ?
  • What was he doing in your house?..
  • he wasn't....
  • It was a joke...sorry.
  • could be epstein hes a se london fighter