Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dowie is W*nker Chants Yesterday

edited October 2007 in General Charlton
I found this distasteful. He was our manager for 12 league games, sure he didn't pull up any trees but he was chucked out before he really had a chance to prove himself. I feel that we shouldn't put him in the same league of hate figure as somebody like Jordan who does deserve all he gets. Dowie has never slagged us off. Sure he exaggerates his time at the club now but he hasn't come out with a load of bitter and twisted stuff. Save this kind of chant for the true enemies of this club.

Comments

• Options
    It's Dowie ffs!
  • Options
    I wouldn't let it get to you mate, but the more I think of his signings the more I think 'Wanker'. Nothing personal, that's football. He's big enough and ugly (ahem) enough to take it on the chin
  • Options
    haha good one mate.

Better get to sleep work tomorow ?
  • Options
    Best do really, I'm adicted to this laptop I bought. Wireless broadband piped smut 24/7! What's not to love!!
  • Options
    Yeah , keep off the naughty sites lol!
  • Options
    What did you make of the 'Jimmy Hill is a wanker' chant?!
  • Options
    Didnt join in with that song.

I was saving myself for 'Thats why you got the sack' when we went 2-0 up.

Grr.
  • Options
    Whether he deserves it or not this is just football it happens to players and managers in all leagues, its banter, im sure he does not care
  • Options
    That wasn't banter - well "Dowie, you're a c**t" definitely wasn't.
  • Options
    lets be honest,it was tame,hardly think he heard it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What, calling him a sex-offender? What's tame in your world?
  • Options
    I think it was Defoe being referred to in the sex offender song, I didn't hear anything like that being sung about ol' foreskin face.

Or I heard and forgot at least.
  • Options
    sorry w**ker was only mentioned in the thread at the time did not know about the rest as i was not there due to supporting my kids become Irish Dance champions

I take it all back
  • Options
    inspector they were tame because i had problems hearing it,hardly loud chants were they.
  • Options
    So, if you'd stayed at home, nolly, and not been able to hear them, they wouldn't have been a problem at all?
  • Options
    I was standing near the guys at the back and don't remember hearing anything particularly offensive?! For my part Dowie didn't intentionally do a lot wrong but are we not getting a bit hypersensitive if we're worried about him being called a w*nker or whatever else? It's football, it happens - I'm sure he's heard worse and didn't go home crying....
  • Options
    what im saying is the chants were by a few,i have said i dont chant childish crap like that,i was sitting near the singers,it was tame in that dowie would not have heard it.
  • Options
    People can chant what they like, and I'm sure Dowie's big enough and ugly enough to handle it.

Doesn't say much about you if you spend half the match shouting that kind of shit instead of backing your team, though.
  • Options
    A lot a fuss about nothing then??

Why we having this conversation?

Dowie has not lost sleep over it diont see why some here should.

There are worse things to be worrying about than name calling.

Like what time am i going to the pub Saturday and what pub
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: InspectorSands[/cite]People can chant what they like, and I'm sure Dowie's big enough and ugly enough to handle it.

Doesn't say much about you if you spend half the match shouting that kind of shit instead of backing your team, though.

Here we go again......
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    inspector i dont chant that rubbish,was you saying i was?
  • Options
    This seems to be a common theme this season, people from the opposition getting barracked - which has happened at football ever since I've been going, so what's new? - and then people coming on here to moan about it.

If we get West Ham in the cup both sides of the argument are going to have a field day!
  • Options
    we have a poofy element at our club off-it,..................................anyway how was heaven last friday?
  • Options
    It was just fantastic sweetie, simply devine! Met a big butch Sailor in there - said he knew you.
  • Options
    you aint had a man till you had a charlton man!
  • Options
    ffs!!... some of you lot need to take a reality check... its banter.. in todays society this is tame... i'm sure he doesn't care about it! if your so upset go to a millwall,cardiff,leeds or almostany club apart from us palace and fulham game and listen to the racist abuse etc dished out by their fans.. then come back and stop moaning about us!
  • Options
    Those chants were barely audible chaps doubtful they even made it as far as Dowie, I could not hear the Coventry fans at all at the game, but on the championship you could clearly hear them & not us.
  • Options
    I was in Row S block 8 and I could hear our fans and their fans. When the "w*nker" song was sang, the Cov fans reacted with boo's etc so it could be heard. I just wonder why it' s necessary to slag off the opposition manager because he used to be ours rather than get behind your own team? I'm sure Dowie wont give it another thought but its pretty mindless nonsense in my opinion.
  • Options
    We did support our team, a lot better than at Colchester, I could start another Valley Gold row at this point though.

Have you never sung an anti-Palace or Millwall song? If not fair enough but in my eyes it's all part of the day/game whatever I shouldn't let it bother you mate
  • Options
    My biggest problem with the chants on Saturday was the singing or humming 'Ring of fire'. It's a bloody murderers Liverpool song!