Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New online shop

edited October 2007 in General Charlton
http://tickets.cafc.co.uk/shop.ink?pcategory=Accessories

What the ???? is the "shamrock" badge all about. CAF

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2007
    It's a Club as in hearts, spades, diamonds

So it reads Charlton Athletic Football CLUB.

Our first badge worn on the shirts in the 20s and 30s
  • Options
    I'm guessing that you are supposed to follow it round, so the first C becomes the last C.

Looks shite to me.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]It's a Club as in hearts, spades, diamonds

Oh Jeez, that's even more lame than I thought. There's proof, as if it were needed, that somethings are better off just left in the past!
  • Options
    http://www.lungrot.fsnet.co.uk/frame30.html

34/5 team photo with some players wearing the badge on their shirts
  • Options
    Excuse me Mr Irving it says "shamrock badge" in the title description. I am not bothered it is a shamrock not starting that debate.

Like the other badge though and will invest in one of them methinks.
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]It's a Club as in hearts, spades, diamonds

Oh Jeez, that's even more lame than I thought. There's proof, as if it were needed, that somethings are better off just left in the past!

Totally disagree. It's a great badge and I'll be wearing it all season
  • Options
    So, unless I'm going blind............. nothing for the Female Supporters to wear this year then.....................................................
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]I'm guessing that you are supposed to follow it round, so the first C becomes the last C.

Looks shite to me.

I twigged that after posting was going to change before Medders decided to come out with one of his pearls of wisdom but thought nah.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge Knows[/cite]Excuse me Mr Irving it says "shamrock badge" in the title description. I am not bothered it is a shamrock not starting that debate.

Like the other badge though and will invest in one of them methinks.

Agree on Shamrock as that is not what it is.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MariaCAFC[/cite]So, unless I'm going blind............. nothing for the Female Supporters to wear this year then.....................................................

THEY MUST HAVE APRONS
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I quite like the old Crest badge
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]I quite like the old Crest badge

I do really like it deffo buying one of them.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge Knows[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: MariaCAFC[/cite]So, unless I'm going blind............. nothing for the Female Supporters to wear this year then.....................................................

THEY MUST HAVE APRONS

:-O Cheeky!!!!
  • Options
    charlton hairband maria?
  • Options
    I meant the shield one, sorry! as on my little pic now
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]charlton hairband maria?

That's about it really - normally like to leave the house wearing a lot more than just that!! LOL

Looks like having to buy bits from the stalls outside..........
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]

Well, good for you old son - I daresay you remember it first time around. Me, I think it looks pretty lame.
  • Options
    No comment...*bites tongue til it bleeds*...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]

Well, good for you old son - I daresay you remember it first time around. Me, I think it looks pretty lame.

Not quite that old but if you know your history....

what was lame was slagging it off before you realised what it was but if you don't like it then fine. Going to copy Rothko and stick it up as my picture just to annoy you ; - )

LLL & BH
  • Options
    Henry

Any reason why there is no Womenswear this year????

Sorry this is a topic that really gets up my nose!

Thx
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If I don't like the look of it then it doesn't really matter if it's a club, a shamrock, whether we wore it in the 30's or whether it's a new design, it still doesn't change the way it looks to me now. Sorry. You must be a more knowledgable and more intelligent fan then me - I bow to your greatness Henry.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MariaCAFC[/cite]Henry

Any reason why there is no Womenswear this year????

Sorry this is a topic that really gets up my nose!

Thx

Sorry, no idea. Try micheal.rea@cafc.co.uk
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]If I don't like the look of it then it doesn't really matter if it's a club, a shamrock, whether we wore it in the 30's or whether it's a new design, it still doesn't change the way it looks to me now. Sorry. You must be a more knowledgable and more intelligent fan then me - I bow to your greatness Henry.

Context is everything. It's part of our history and, IMVHO, a very good badge.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]http://tickets.cafc.co.uk/shop.ink?pcategory=bedding

You know what, if I had more guts I would turn up at a game in that! ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MariaCAFC[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]http://tickets.cafc.co.uk/shop.ink?pcategory=bedding

You know what, if I had more guts I would turn up at a game in that! ;-)

Forgot to say good profile in the programme.
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Thanks - Gary did a great job with the quotes and the artical was great.
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    I love the shield badge, but i also think the Club badge just doesn't look right
  • Options
    It has been a problem a Charlton for many years, they could get so much more revenue from the club shop but whoever is in charge of merchandising seems to have no idea, they could do more leisure wear, more for the kids as well novel things, in which generates more income for the club.
  • Options
    Like what?