Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pards will appeal sam sending off.

edited October 2007 in General Charlton
Pards says it's a DISGRACE and will appeal against the sending off, he's not very happy.

Comments

• Options
    replayed it a few times, and i really can't see what Sam did wrong. The bloke had three whacks at him, gets him in a headlock then drags him backwards on top of him. Everyone else piling in is what got Sam sent off IMO
  • Options
    I can see why he would want to appeal it but could appealing be counter productive?

We don't want another Sankofa situation whereby he serves the ban and some for a frivolous appeal.
  • Options
    Sorry, have to appeal any injustice, even in spite of the powers that be, otherwise what's the point? Do what's right, not what's easy.
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    What was Sam supposed to do?

He has been victim of an over the top tackle, kicked after the referee has stopped play, then assaulted from behind by another Hull player who escaped any form of centure, before being wrestled to the ground in a headlock.

Was Sam supposed to lie passively on the ground while being subject to further personal attack?
    The referee's decision would imply that every single victim of assault on the pitch must be sent off.

If it had happened in the street, Ashbee would have been charged with GBH.

Pards must appeal for the game's sake.
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    .Edited - buggered by the system! :o)
  • Options
    look at the size and frame of lloyd sam compared to the other bugger, i knew right away our lloyd couldn't have done anything worthy of a red card, even from 80 odd yards away - DISGRACE! just glad we coped far better with it than them, still it serves their scummy fans right, they were baiting the ref all game and finally got a decision out of it...
  • Options
    Just watched the highlights on youtube. The refereeing at this level is simply shocking.

Sam gets whacked by that talentless mug, and he's still looking at the ball when the bloke decides to kick him again. That kick then trips him up and the bloke gets him in a headlock and drags him all over the floor.

And Sam gets the first red card.

What's funny is that the Hull fans are saying that Sam kept swinging for him and that their bloke only deserved a yellow, which he was going to get until our players went over to the ref.

Deluded or what.
  • Options
    Deluded
  • Options
    Although i think it was harsh I can't see it being over turned. If Sam deserved a red for a little bit of a wrestle then their player (if that is what you can call him) deserved one for the tackle, one for the deliberate kick and one for the wrestle.

It is a joke of a decision
  • Options
    the ref bottled it basically.

At worst it should have beem a yellow for the Hull player and that's it.