Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Big Chris

edited October 2007 in General Charlton
I tell ye, give the big man credit. Put his goal away lovely. Expected him to panic and smash it, but opened his body out and calmly slotted it in the corner. Better, more composed finish that you appreciate from the first time of viewing it.

Comments

• Options
    Great to see the big man score,a great assist from zz.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: badger[/cite]Great to see the big man score,a great assist from zz.

Those two are my favourite players at the moment. Grat attitude and effective too.
  • Options
    Not wanting to jump on a bandwagon here and just to puff my chest out a bit. I predicted the big man would be a hugely important player for us this year and I must say I love the bloke.

Not as much as Ollie loves Darren Bent mind but, he's a proper legend in the making.
  • Options
    Amd don't forget he's Scottish!!
  • Options
    where's that mug west ham fan now eh
  • Options
    Was really pleased to see the big man get on the scoresheet, especially after the late miss at Cov. Always worry about players losing a bit of confidence but he doesn't seem to have been fazed. Top efforts from him this season. Will be good to see how his partnership with Varney comes on now too
  • Options
    He did tuck it away nicely.

Great to see both strikers score. Sounds like Varney worked his socks off as well. Just need McLeod to come off the bench and get a goal on Saturday to get his confidence up.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]I tell ye, give the big man credit. Put his goal away lovely. Expected him to panic and smash it, but opened his body out and calmly slotted it in the corner. Better, more composed finish that you appreciate from the first time of viewing it.

Agreed...by keeping his compusure he sent the keeper the wrong way into the bargain and made it look easier than it was.

Great pass and bit of work from ZZ, held the ball up and dragged two defenders off of Iwulemo.
  • Options
    "Scotland Scotland's Number 9, Scotland's Number 9"

He puts in so much work and fight into his game. And am I right to say all his goals have been with his feet.
  • Options
    iwelumo iwelumo
    cheap as chips and hard as nails (hard as nails)
    cheap as chips and hard as nails

Credit to the big man, he's really taken his chance and has to be the first name on the teamsheet.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Great performance - ran himself into the ground last night and deserved the goal.

Not quite MOM but not far off it
  • Options
    Big Chris is a legend tries hard not like Marcus. I hope Todorov stays calm and not sulk for being out of the team because one day either big crhis or reg mark 2 will get injured.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]"And am I right to say all his goals have been with his feet.[/quote]

Yeah - he keeps missing sitters with his head!

(I still love him though).
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: pete_tong1[/cite]Big Chris is a legend tries hard not like Marcus. I hope Todorov stays calm and not sulk for being out of the team because one day either big crhis or reg mark 2 will get injured.

I'd always have Toddy on the bench so he's there to chuck on for the last 20 minutes - real quality player but I think his workrate is just too low for us to be able to carry him for whole games!
  • Options
    The deceptive thing about Big Chris is that he's a floor player.

Probably better with his feet than his head.
  • Options
    Remind you of another Charlton legend? Oh, except Big Chris does actually score with his feet... (LEA-BURN!)
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    ....and doesn't default to chesting the ball at any possible opportunity!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]The deceptive thing about Big Chris is that he's a floor player.

Probably better with his feet than his head.

He's a bloody handful. He was last night. Even though many of his headers came to nothing, the Hull defence couldn't relax. His passing was good and as has been said, it was great to see him score the second. My only reservation (and it's not his fault) is that sometimes we look too much to the long ball to his head. That' s something that Pards is going to have to work on to get the balance right.
  • Options
    Coatbridge isn't Scotland.

It's worse than that. . . .

Fair play to the big fella he gives 100%, unlike the long list of bluffers we suffered last year.
  • Options
    Agreed, he has been top notch since we signed him.

I would actually start Toddy on Saturday though, understand that Varney looked kanckered towards the end. Keep him fresh and introduce him for last 20 Saturday.