Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ms Lat and the game tonight vs Hull

edited October 2007 in General Charlton
Well after a ropes first half where we mugged a 1-0 lead courtesy of a Varney tap in we moved on into an altogether different second half. In the first half we by passed the midfield, hoofed long ball up to Big Chris didn't have Varney too close at hand so we conceded possession and allowed Hull to come onto us. Our passing was scrappy and our ability to build an attack woeful, so playing poorly but winning, sign of a good team. And to cap it all we lose Loyd Sam who had been struggling, Weaver got lucky when he dropped a ball got a free kick even though windyass hadn't touched him and scored.

Second half what a difference as the mighty reds attacked the goal toward us 300 or so Addicks. Passing, interplay, holding possession were there for all to see and we took a grip of the game culminating in a superb finish by Big Chris following a brilliant lay off by ZZ to give us a 2-0 lead. The game became rather feisty with 5 mins added on only for another 5 mins to be added on for several head injuries in the added on time. One return of ball instance by one Danny Mills following a blow up by the ref for an injury resulted in the ball almost hitting the opposition corner flag huge protests form Hull....wonderful for the Addickted tough. after giving away a sloppy goal at the death we defended manfully for the 10 mins added and came away with a deserved 2-1 victory, a great night.

The night got better though as the players came over to give us a clap at the end, Weaver and Powell remained, the legend took off his shirt and it was gratefully received by Ms Lat, she is over the moon to say the least.

Thanks Big Chris and Little Chris!

Comments

• Options
    Powelly really is a legend - I hope we don't burn him out though
  • Options
    Chrissy Powell = legend. FACT!
  • Options
    Hull fans are going mad on their rivals board saying we are the biggest bunch of cheats they've ever seen and we should be ashamed supporting a team like that.

I didn't go to the game but I'd imagine it's just sour grapes at a few bad decisions from the ref?
  • Options
    to be fair, all that i saw/heard inside the ground and on the way home they sounded like they'd turned up to see some egg chasing tonight

we played ugly and stole a win but they played dirty and didn't deserve anything in the final third, lucky to get a consolation