Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

92 points will get us up?

if we can have double the points of games played we will go up, ie we had 14 points after 7 games and now 18 points after 9 games so we are on track for 92 points after 46 games :o)

Comments

• Options
    Don't count your chickens yet...a great and solid start to the season, especially with a new squad but lets take it one match at a time.
  • Options
    It's was tongue in cheek lol after supporting Charlton for nearly 40 years I certainly don't count chickens that's for sure! ;o)
  • Options
    Makes you realise there's a long way to go - looks like at least 92 points will be needed, which is winning at home and drawing away - with the odd away win needed to make up for any defeats.

We're on track so far, but haven't played any of the serious coontenders yet - those are the games that will really count.
  • Options
    i was sat there last night thinking would 92 points be good enough ? I'm sure it will for promotion, but its the winning of the league i really want. If we're going to be up there its all or nothing for me. The dire run in we had the last time we won it sucked away all the enjoyment to be had, i want to celebrate properly this time.

Are we good enough to win it ? Not at the moment IMO. People keep saying we're going to smash someone soon, but there hasn't been one game yet we've created a sackload of chances in, plus we are simply not good enough as a back four unit.

Our midfield i'm convinced is the best ni this league, and our keeper has put very little wrong so far.
  • Options
    Norwich could and should have been five or six nil (Or one with Weavers save just before half time) Barnsley on Saturday will be a good test as they are on top form at the moment.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]

Our midfield i'm convinced is the best ni this league, and our keeper has put very little wrong so far.

Pards still has to sort the defence out, too many soft goals and avoidable mistakes and another last night.

Varney/Iwulemo/Toddy have proven they can score goals, the midfield can create chances and add a few goals, but the back four don't look reliable enough to put together a string of games where no goals are conceded. Think back to 97/98 and the run of games in the run-in to the play-offs where no goals were conceded, currently I can't see this lot going more than one or two games without letteing a goal in.
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Completely agree, BFR. It's the central defence particularly that is the worry - neither Bougy nor Fortune are consistent/confident/commanding enough. And what do we have as back-up? Sodje who is unproven for us and doesn't seem to come very highly recommended, and McCarthorse. We didn't properly replace Diawara, and that could yet become a real issue. Hope is we can stay in close contention then sort it out in January - in the season you mention, Ilic, Mills and Youds all came in and strengthened the team late on.
  • Options
    4th best defence in the league, think people need to remember that, rather then thinking about the first half against Wednesday
  • Options
    2 pts a game is a better ready reckoner of how we are doing than the league table at the moment as relatively few games have been played.

Right now we are bang on target and a home win against an improving barnsley side will take us over it.

By the end of he season 2 pts per game will be meaningless as come April and May only the league table will matter.

Right now we are winning games and have only lost once. Other teams have tried to rough us up but unlike at Stoke we are now holding our own. two away games, 4 points. I'm happy.
  • Options
    Exactly, we're not playing particularly well yet we've got 8 points and didn't lose in away games at Palace, Colchester, Coventry and Hull.
    Couple that with winning most of our home games and when we do start to click we'll be unstoppable.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]its the winning of the league i really want. If we're going to be up there its all or nothing for me. The dire run in we had the last time we won it sucked away all the enjoyment to be had, i want to celebrate properly this time.
    Spot on!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]

Our midfield i'm convinced is the best ni this league, and our keeper has put very little wrong so far.[/quote]

Pards still has to sort the defence out, too many soft goals and avoidable mistakes and another last night.

Varney/Iwulemo/Toddy have proven they can score goals, the midfield can create chances and add a few goals, but the back four don't look reliable enough to put together a string of games where no goals are conceded. Think back to 97/98 and the run of games in the run-in to the play-offs where no goals were conceded, currently I can't see this lot going more than one or two games without letteing a goal in.[/quote]

In the 97/98 season, Curbs brought in Mills and Youds...maybe we'll see some defenders coming in January..
  • Options
    i'll take us falling over the line 0-0 or whatever it takes for promotion , i'm not greedy
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]i'll take us falling over the line 0-0 or whatever it takes for promotion , i'm not greedy

Id take one going in of someones back if it got us promoted....

christ I just got a rush even thining about it.......